Senior Social Worker – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: Senior Social Worker
- Job Location: Shire Hall, Block 5, Ground Floor
- Salary: £37,261 – £42,503 per annum
- Hours per Week: 37.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 04/06/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 2799
- This post is not open to job share
We are currently recruiting for a Senior or Senior Social Worker to join our Emergency Duty Team on a permanent basis.
Gloucestershire’s vision is “to give every child the best possible chance of a remarkable life, especially those children who are disadvantaged and vulnerable.”
Right child, right support, right time, every time
Reward & Support:
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous pay and reward programme including:
- £ 34,723 – £42,503 per annum, depending on experience
- £4,000 Welcome Payment*
- £2,000 Retention Payment*
- Up to £8,000 Relocation Package
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years continuous service
- An option to purchase 10 days of additional leave per year (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Family friendly policies and benefits to help support you and your family
- Supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- An in-house Occupational Health service
- Employee discount scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&Cs apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) and the Young Employees Network
- Career development and qualification opportunities
- Access to our Social Work Academy
- Paid SWE registration renewal*
About the role and team:
The Emergency Duty Team is a small bespoke service that responds to emergencies out of hours.
Your role in EDT will involve working within a small and supportive team of Senior Social Workers where you will be prioritising effectively and making sound judgements in a variety of challenging situations.
The Emergency Duty Team works closely with other agencies that also work out of hours both in the voluntary and statutory sectors. This position offers the opportunity to broaden your skillset and experience further. You will work to a rolling rota which includes weekend and night work. The Team work a five week Rota the first two weeks you will have days off and rest days after your nightshifts, you will then have eight days off. Upon returning to work you will work a further two weeks on the Rota with rest days and days off then you will have two weeks off.
You will work16 shifts over a five week period which include evenings 16.30-00.30, overnights from 17.00-09.00 and weekends which are twelve hour shifts. Annual leave is incorporated into the rota.
Whilst there is management support 24/7, overnight shifts require skill and experience and ability to work autonomously at times, therefore it is a requirement that you have a minimum of three years’ post qualifying experience of front-line work with either adults or child protection work.
You will need to be suitably experienced and confident to make decisions on emergency situations out of hours. As well as your experience as a frontline social worker, there are some things we require of you to be successfully appointed to this post:
- Social Work England registration
- A recognised qualification in Social Work
- To have passed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A full driving licence and willingness to drive
- DBS clearance
How to apply
To have a further discussion about the role please email Steve.Gordon@gloucestershire.gov.uk or call him on 01452 614194 Alternatively please apply directly here: Senior Social Worker (gloucestershire.gov.uk)
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
Senior Social Worker Role Profile
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.