We’re a multi award-winning contract catering company, with a team of trained foodies serving over 45,500 satisfied customers every day. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Assistant / General Assistant / Barista to join our team.
Monitoring counters and chillers to make sure they’re clean, well-stocked and presented in line with our six principles, you’ll regularly check the restaurant areas to ensure consistent levels of cleanliness with meticulous attention to detail. You have the ability to listen carefully and take instructions from your manager, and you provide prompt and efficient service at all times. You are also able to communicate confidently with customers, gaining feedback and reacting to their needs to ensure that every customer experience is a positive one.
You know that preparing delicious hot beverages is something of an art form, and you’ll have the communication skills required for your role too – consistently positive, enthusiastic, helpful and ready to adapt to changing service needs. Whether that’s managing the queue if there’s a rush of customers, or serving someone with a food allergy.
You’ll come to us with confidence in using tills, plus you will know how important good merchandising and stock rotation is – making sure our tempting food is available throughout the day. You have your Food Safety Level 2 and Health & Safety Level 2 certificates. We’d prefer you to have experience in a service environment dealing with customers, and we will provide you with the training and development you need to grow your career with us.
• Monday to Friday working hours available (salary £12.95/hr – 37.5hours/week – £25,252.50/year, paid overtime available)
• Free meal provision while on shift
• Training and development opportunities including NVQ apprentice scheme & WSET courses
• 28 days annual leave with an additional day each year up to 33 days
• The opportunity to have your birthday off, every year!
• Discounts and cashback from a wide range of retail and leisure outlets
• The annual BM Caterers Summer party and FOODIES awards. As well as our site-based summer and winter parties.
• Regular team events
• Life assurance and an employee assistance programme
• Cycle2work scheme – upfront loan for the necessary equipment
• Being part of a team that made the ‘Best Companies’ to Work For list 7 years running
Location: More London Riverside, London, SE1 2RE