At Churchill our culture is underpinned by our core philosophy of doing right, so it’s important that we offer progressive and supportive employement opportunities and are a company that inspires every one of our team to live and breathe this ethos supported by our other values to always seek better and always put people first.
Ours people drive our success in all of our businesses – cleaning, catering, environmental and security. Each business has its own personality and philosophy and clear purpose in their respective sectors.
If you like our philosophy and values, view the job details below.
JOB TITLE: Cleaning Supervisor
SITE NAME: Peterborough Station
DBS REQUIREMENT: Yes
The main areas of accountability and personal specification for the position are detailed below:
- To support and assist your Site / Account Manager in their duties.
- To ensure cleaners are trained and records are maintained effectively.
- To ensure any site regulations and Company policies are adhered too.
- Liaising with customer/client as and when required.
- Undertake own cleaning duties, and cover cleaning, as and when required.
- To supervise employees to ensure specified cleaning and work standards are maintained at all times, highlighting any issues to the Site / Account Manager. Liaise with Site / Account Manager to ensure that the correct cleaning materials and equipment are used.
- Welcome and Induct and train new/relief cleaners ensuring they understand their roles and complete training records to ensure accurate & up to date
- Check attendance and time-keeping of employees; notify Site / Account Manager immediately of relief requirements and of any failures to adhere to Company/Region reporting procedure.
- Ensure all staff wears the correct company uniform, are polite and represent Churchill in a positive manner.
- Inform Account Manager immediately of any vacancies and provide support in appointing cleaners.
- On a daily basis update and check site communications book, and take action as requested.
- On a weekly basis complete & submit required paperwork on time, i.e. timesheets
- Order cleaning materials, and ensure they are available on site in the appropriate location.
- Supervise and co-ordinate periodic project work (if applicable) and any additional work that has been quoted and agreed as required by the client.
- Assist (as required) monthly quality audits and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure you are aware and understand the site folders, and that it is up to date
- Assist and support the Site /Account Manager in their duties and undertake any additional duties.
- Undertake training as necessary and appropriate.
- Any other reasonable request/duties as required by the client/company
Health and Safety
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety
- To take reasonable care not to put other people – fellow employees and members of the public – at risk by what you do or don’t do in the course of your work
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything that’s been provided for your health, safety or welfare
- To report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your work activity
- To inform Churchill if something happens that might affect your ability to work, like becoming pregnant or suffering an injury.
- If you drive or operate machinery, you have a responsibility to tell Churchill if you take medication may have an impact on your safety and that of others ie drowsiness, confusion, sight / hearing impairment etc.
- To co-operate with Churchill, ensuring that you receive training to enable you to undertake work activities in a safe manner. Should you identify the need for further training, or are concerned for your safety you must inform Churchill.
- To ensure that you understand and work to all Churchill’s training, safe working practices and Health and Safety policies.
- To ensure that staff are provided with a quality induction that offers such information, instruction, supervision and training to enable them to safely carry out their duties for Churchill
- To facilitate the communication process and to provide feedback as necessary and appropriate
- To make sure that all equipment within their control is serviced and maintained in a safe condition.
- To ensure that a staff member who is an expectant mother is advised to their line manager for an appropriate risk assessment pertinent to the activities which she performs to be carried out
- To ensure that accidents, incidents and ill-health arising out of work are reported and recorded
- To make sure that work areas are regularly inspected and monitored for unsafe conditions.
- To ensure that any sub-contractors employed by Churchill on a site for which you are responsible have the correct method statement and risk assessment for the activity/duty that they are performing on our behalf.
- That health and safety arrangements are regularly monitored and reviewed with their line manager for effectiveness.
- To ensure that all of Churchill’s policies regarding safety are implemented
- Inform Site /Area Manager immediately of any non-compliance, or issues.
- Be fully aware of individual and reporting staff’s responsibilities in regard to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Inform Site/Account Manager immediately of any accidents at work and complete paperwork.
- To be responsible for the safe use and care of equipment and materials and wear appropriate protective clothing as supplied.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Tenure: Permanent Full Time