To carry out the role of Porter, undertaking all portering duties and tasks in the buildings.
Based in Teddington
Rate : £10.92 per hr
Rotating shifts : 7am – 4pm and 10am – 7pm
The main areas of accountability and personal specification for the position are detailed below:
1. Shredding of Documentation
2. Office layout and furniture moves – to ensure the furniture layout matches client’s requirements and to move furniture, when required, in a safe manner.
- To ensure all internal windows are cleaned on a regular basis.
- To provide onsite back up cover for cleaning staff – when required.
- Monthly deep cleans.
- Laundry cover.
- Cleaning and restocking of onsite drinks vending machine on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that items of equipment and disposable resources pertaining to the job are stored securely.
So far as reasonably practicable, the postholder must ensure that safe working practices are adopted, and in premises/work areas for which the postholder is responsible, to maintain a safe working environment.
- Work in compliance with the Codes of Conduct, Regulations and policies of the company and its commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ensure that output and quality of work is of a high standard and complies with current legislation / standards.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety.
- To take reasonable care not to put other people – fellow employees and members of the public – at risk by what you do or don’t do in the course of your work.
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything that’s been provided for your health, safety or welfare.
- To report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your work activity.
- To inform Churchill if something happens that might affect your ability to work, like becoming pregnant or suffering an injury.
- If you drive or operate machinery, you have a responsibility to tell Churchill if you take medication may have an impact on your safety and that of others ie drowsiness, confusion, sight / hearing impairment etc.
- To co-operate with Churchill, ensuring that you receive training to enable you to undertake work activities in a safe manner. Should you identify the need for further training, or are concerned for your safety you must inform Churchill.
- To ensure that you understand and work to all Churchill’s training, safe working practices and Health and Safety policies.
- To ensure that staff are provided with a quality induction that offers such information, instruction, supervision and training to enable them to safely carry out their duties for Churchill
- To facilitate the communication process and to provide feedback as necessary and appropriate.
- To make sure that all equipment within their control is serviced and maintained in a safe condition.
- To ensure that a staff member who is an expectant mother is advised to their line manager for an appropriate risk assessment pertinent to the activities which she performs to be carried out.
- To ensure that accidents, incidents and ill-health arising out of work are reported and recorded
- To make sure that work areas are regularly inspected and monitored for unsafe conditions.
- To ensure that any sub-contractors employed by Churchill on a site for which you are responsible have the correct method statement and risk assessment for the activity/duty that they are performing on our behalf.
- That health and safety arrangements are regularly monitored and reviewed with their line manager for effectiveness.
- To ensure that all of Churchill’s policies regarding safety are implemented.
- Inform Site /Area Manager immediately of any non-compliance, or issues.
- Be fully aware of individual and reporting staff’s responsibilities in regard to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy Statement.
- Inform Site/Account Manager immediately of any accidents at work and complete paperwork.
- To be responsible for the safe use and care of equipment and materials and wear appropriate protective clothing as supplied.
You will demonstrate, amongst other things, your ability in the following;
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the overall ethos/work/aims of Churchill.
- To work in accordance with Churchill’s policies.
- Live within commuting distance of the site.
- Able and willing to work unsocial hours as necessary.
- Compliance with Safety requirements for operatives.
- Maintain effective and professional relationships with other team members and customer.
- Experienced in providing exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates and able to use own initiative.
- Able to multi-task with a methodical approach with an ability to work under pressure.
- Willing to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to be enthusiastic in building relationships and to effectively liaise with clients and colleagues alike.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety systems in the cleaning industry.
- Able to identify own needs, request training and using available work-based resources for self-development.
- Able to lift and carry heavy equipment, furniture, rubbish.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment as supplied.
- Able to travel to other local sites as requested by the account manager / supervisor.
- An effective communicator with a good understanding and speaking of English.
- Able to plan and prioritise workload to ensure objectives are achieved on time.
- Able to identify problems and take appropriate action where necessary to resolve.
- Able to follow instructions on the use of cleaning materials and machinery.
- Able to attain a consistent standard of service in cleaning duties.
- Able to adhere to manual handling and health and safety regulations as required. Flexible approach to work.
- Appreciates that projects need to be completed.
- Uses judgement to know when to ask for help and guidance.
- Takes responsibility for own work.
- Records information accurately.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Effective and efficient Time management of self and duties.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Tenure: Permanent Full Time