In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Coordinator to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding South East. As our Technical Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating all technical information between external consultants and internal departments throughout the construction process. Ensuring all approvals are obtained and information received and issued to allow for a prompt start on site.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Proven working experience in Civil Engineering
- Previous experience in Residential Housing sector
- Proficent in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control regulatory approvals including all section agreements (section 38 & section 104 designs)
- Project management and supervision skills
- Thorough, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to confidently challenge decisions made by others
- Quick and eager to learn, with a focus on continuous development
- Ability to communicate well with individuals at all levels
- Proficient in MS Office programmes
- Analytical approach
- Full Current UK Driving Licence
- Degree or similar qualification in Construction Management / Civil Engineering or other related discipline would be beneficial
- CAD/REVIT Skills desirable
More about the Technical Coordinator role…
- Comply with all current Vistry BMS procedures
- Ensure all drawings and details are accurate and commercially suitable throughout the construction process
- Co-ordinate and chair design team meetings with internal and external participants
- Attend and contribute to progress meetings on site as required.
- Co-ordinate the planning process where required and review planning approval to ensure Conditions are addresses prior to start on site
- Agree construction specification, SAP and bream strategy for the project
- Coordinate the submission of a Building Control Application and supporting documentation
- Liaise with consultants and attend meetings to progress all relevant Technical matters
- Assist Surveying and Buying Team in review and approval of subcontractor design information.
- Ensure accurate and on time design information in line with client requirements
- Ensure cost effective design control and buildability
- Maintain a register of current drawings for all new build contracts and issue design information to production teams
- Review and check contract documentation, warranties and bond requirements in liaison with Contracts Manager and Surveyor.
- Apply for and secure statutory body approval of Engineering Design and ground remediation
- Assist the Commercial team to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for any planning and engineering design and technical report requirements.
- Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the construction process.
- Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required
- Expect and encourage continued change and improvement within the Company
- Any other duty as deemed necessary.
Finally let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Linden House,Guards Avenue, Caterham, CR3 5XL