Our Supported Living service in Essex is recruiting!
We are a 4-bed supported living service providing care and support for adults with learning disabilities, autism and mental health conditions, situated in a thriving market town in the London Borough of Havering.
Join the team and live your best lives with the people we support – visit the aquarium with Danny who loves seeing some of his favourite animals (sharks and penguins), have a friendly bowling competition with Kevin, or bust out your best dance moves as you dance and sing along with all the individuals we support at the local disco! Whatever you get up to, you'll be making lifelong memories with the people we support.
At Craigdale, every day is an adventure, where you will be supporting individuals to have a life as independent as possible, creating memories and fulfilling dreams.
At Salutem Care and Education, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
The support we provide enables individuals to live independently in their own home, empowering them to make choices and decision about how they want to live their life and achieve their dreams.
Support for Living enables individuals to live independently in their own homes, empowering them to make choices and decision about how they want to live their life and achieve their dreams.
Being fully in control of their home and support, we support individuals with all aspects of their life, which may include; managing their tenancy, personal care, attending education provisions or employment opportunities, paying bills, shopping, cooking, going on holiday, to concerts, the theatre, living their best life.
Support for Living is about breaking down barriers and a big part of your role will be enabling people to have the same rights and access to opportunities as everyone else in society, whilst having great fun along the way. We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy – we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories that'll last a lifetime.
– Demonstrate robust leadership linking with your Registered and Deputy Managers, ensure that each individual we support has a meaningful support plan.
– Ensure there is a robust activity plan in place for each individual.
– Ensure that the views of the individual are routinely sought through regular engagement with the individual.
– Ensure where appropriate, we are supporting individuals with finances ensuring that they are supported to budget and plan their finances (through a support plan).
– Support people with their medication.
– Embody the Mental Capacity act and its key principles, with the team clearly able to articulate them.
– Through linking with your Deputy and Registered managers ensure that Health and Safety polices, and procedures are followed, which in include Fire Safety and that there is a robust environmental risk assessment in place.
– Through working with your Registered Manager and Deputy Manager, ensure that you have a team safely recruited to enable the smooth delivery of hours, and to ensure that there are measures in place for the team.
– Ensure your service is delivering an outstanding level of Care and Support by Identifying opportunities to be better, to deliver better care, support and to be innovates.
– Ensure where incidents and accident occur in the service, that these are reported and managed in line with our polices and procedure.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties, and not fully encompassing of the role. You may be required to complete other duties, as deemed appropriate by the organization. We know our staff put 100% into building brighter futures for the individuals we support. That's why we offer career progression no matter where you start in the organisation. Your progress here will be regularly reviewed and as you gain expertise your rate of pay will increase. We believe in creating a Career from Care and we want the support workers we recruit now to become our managers of the future! We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply. We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too. We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow