Salary: £21,031 progressing to £23,368
Hours: 37 hours a week, 4 week rolling rota with shifts between hours of 06.45 and 20.30, working one in every four weekends.
You will be working as part of a team to provide support to our homeless clients. You will love helping others and enjoy supporting individuals to achieve their goals and to become more independent. Your positive attitude towards your work and others will help to contribute to a great working environment. You will have a calm and personable manner and be able to handle potentially difficult situations.
- You will have your own caseload of clients to manage and will work with them on a one to one basis. You will identify their needs by listening to them and put together a support plan which is equally achievable and realistic for them.
- You will encourage their involvement in personal progression in the form of education, training, employment activity or volunteering.
- You will help them improve their practical skills in areas such as budgeting, shopping, cooking and housework.
- You will work with external partners (such as colleges) to maximise the opportunities available to clients so that they can resettle in the community.
- You will be extremely conscientious in areas such as safeguarding and lone working.
- You will help clients to access the benefits they are entitled to claim
- Help to maintain a welcoming, safe environment, identifying and minimising all potential risks to users of the premises and the organisation and property
- Maintain client records using relevant systems to a good standard
- Work in accordance with the Health and Safety regulations and all policies and procedures
- Attend supervision, appraisal, training and meetings as directed which may be outside your normal working pattern
- Work flexibly across all areas of operation where required and prior notice given
- Any other reasonable task as requested by a member of staff
Attributes & Values:
- Clear verbal and written English
- Good IT and keyboard skills
- Polite, assertive manner, ability to self -motivate
- Passion for working in a client/customer facing role
- Knowledge of the benefits system and tenancy legislation
- Have an interest and genuine concern for homelessness and related issues
- Knowledge of voluntary and statutory agencies
We reserve the right to close our adverts early if a successful candidate is found, so please submit your application as soon as possible.