As a Support Worker within Gray Healthcare you will join a specialist team supporting an individual within their own home. We support people with complex needs, who may have a Learning Disability, Autism, Personality Disorder, Acquired Brain Injury (ABI), Substance Misuse issues, and people whom require support with their Mental Health.
You will be an instrumental part of the team and will receive outstanding clinical support, leadership and person-centred training. In this role you will support an individual to develop or regain life skills, assisting participation in community life by building strong and trusting working relationships.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for candidates who share our values, understand the importance of a consistent and empathetic approach, whilst staying calm and professional when presented with a pressurised situation. You need to be a team player with effective communication skills, be experienced in using digital records and care plans, and electronic rostering systems.
You will need to possess an NVQ/QCF Level 3 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards. You will be motivated and have a can-do attitude, and work within a Positive Behaviour Support Framework.
Must be willing to be part of a back up rota.
We encourage our workforce to be vaccinated against COVID-19
What are the rewards?
- Work-life balance
- Birthday Leave
- Long Service award
- Wellbeing at work
- Employee discount scheme
- Access to Gray Healthcare’s unique training program
About the Company
Who are Gray Healthcare?
Gray Healthcare is a specialist provider of individually tailored community-based support for individuals with complex mental health conditions, learning disabilities and brain injuries. Here at Gray Healthcare we believe that no person should remain in an acute or long stay hospital environment for a day longer than is necessary and that everyone, no matter their personal challenges, has the right to lead a healthy, happy life in their own home. We look at each individual’s care requirements holistically to ensure that we create a package of care that is tailored specifically to meet their personal and rehabilitation goals. We believe Gray Healthcare is a special place to work. From the moment you walk through the door you will meet individuals who, like you, are passionate about delivering person-centred care in its true sense and who share the following key values:
• We are inspiring – we believe in providing individualised support that meets peoples’ needs and enables them to achieve their goals.
• We collaborate – we believe that the best outcomes are achieved when we work together with shared aims.
• We are unique – we provide market leading, high quality and bespoke support that exceeds standards.
• We innovate – we challenge ourselves to be pioneering and find new ways to support people better.
• We are honest & transparent – we base our relationships on trust and openness regardless of how uncomfortable this may be.