Shift Hours: –
Senior Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker to support us in Cornerstones, Amesbury
At Cornerstones Care we provide person-centred care for adults with learning disabilities, autism and those that display challenging behaviours.
Empowered by great values, the team share a passion in providing person – centred support in a way that focuses on each person’s aspirations in life and how they choose to reach them. We have sixteen personalised bedrooms across two well-equipped communal flats that overlook our garden space along with wheelchair access for individuals with physical disabilities.
We know the amazing and life changing work our employees do every day for the people we support, which is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £11.11
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Senior Support Worker Role and Responsibilities:
- To assist the senior management to assess people we support needs, with a Person-Centred Framework and the Supporting People Initiative.
- Assist to facilitate and support the people we support to integrate within their local community.
- Identifying training needs of other staff and co-ordinate training initiatives in consultation with the Registered Manager.
- Working with people we support to initiate and develop new ideas and methods regarding the quality of service delivery in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Keep up-to-date with changes by participating in discussions, training sessions and workshops when required to do so.
- Have a full understanding of Care Standards.
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct and morale by encouraging and motivating staff morale by personal example, and appearance.
- Assist the management with the co-ordination, supervision and monitoring of staff work and practices
- Co-ordinate the arrangements of resident appointments
- Assist management to organise regular (monthly) House meetings
- Administer medications when required, in line with prescription guidelines
The Ideal candidate will have:
- A Level 3 in Health and Social care
- Experience supporting adults with mental health conditions and/or learning disabilities.
- Mentoring others in a team.