Security Systems Engineer
Remote with travel to sites within the M25
Supporting our technical security in social housing facilities
We Put People First so you can Deliver Outstanding Service
The Security System Engineer will play a vital role within Amulet’s expanding portfolio. The Security System Engineer is a mobile role reporting to our Technical Services Director. You will be contributing to an effective 1st line technical security service supporting design, projects, and maintenance programmes, across our client’s portfolio.
At Amulet, doing right is at the heart of our values. This is why we will provide you with all the tools, training, support and resources that you need to develop in your career.
No two days will be the same. When you’re dealing with people there’s never a dull moment, and you’ll use your strong interpersonal skills to support and develop the business.
You’ll love being empowered to make decisions and finding your own solutions to problems.
As Security System Engineer you’ll be:
- Assisting in the ongoing support of technical security system alterations for our clients’ buildings, ensuring the designs are in line with the Technical Security Standards and our customer’s company principles
- Working alongside our technical systems team, Technical Services Director and Project Managers to help deliver technical security maintenance and installation projects
- Installation of the elements; CCTV IP infrastructure, access control platforms, intruder detection systems, vehicle barriers, pedestrian turnstiles and communications systems where required
- Conducting planned preventative maintenance updated as required
- Reviewing and making recommendations to maintain / improve site security systems and installation processes
- Produce concise, well written technical reports
As Security System Engineer you’ll have:
- Experience of Intruder Alarm Installation and maintenance – Honeywell/Texecom experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of the installation and maintenance of IP based CCTV
- Experience of the installation and maintenance of access control – Paxton experience is desirable but not essential
- Sound working knowledge of Network based infrastructure
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload in a fast-changing environment
- Resourceful and innovative approach to resolving challenges and faults.
- Team Player: working collaboratively, sharing knowledge and experiences to deliver the best solutions. Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues.
- Able to communicate efficiently and courteously, focusing on customer service
This role will be subject to vetting checks which will require 5 year address and employment history and a credit check.
At Churchill, relationships are the glue which holds us together – you’ll be someone who works collaboratively with your team and builds a strong bond with your clients. In exchange, we’ll provide an inclusive and empowering culture where you’ll receive the training and development opportunities that allow you to grow and progress your career.
We understand that you may have personal commitments, which is why we offer flexible working options that suit you. We also offer a range of company benefits that ensure that you are receiving the support that you need to do your best work.
- A workplace pension scheme
- Two paid volunteering days annually – from beach cleans to supporting your local community. You choose…..
- More than 250 perks – and hundreds of exclusive deals and discounts
- A wide range of training programs to help your career development
- Project Mosaic our Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion Committee who are leading the charge on all things WDI
- Recognition and reward program to thank our shinning stars
- A Wellbeing hub to support a healthy mind and body
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: Churchill is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and seeks to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Tenure: Permanent Full Time