Salary: Excellent Salary + Overtime + Benefits + Bonus
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Road Surfacing Operative to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Agecroft in Salford covering the North West of England and North Wales. We have gangs based in Ruthin, Merseyside, Wigan and Greater Manchester. The role is easily accessible from Gwynedd, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Bolton, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Ashton-under-Lyne, Warrington, Wigan, St Helens, Chorley and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful candidate for the role of Multi Skilled Road Surfacing Operative will report directly to the gang Team Leader. You will work as part of a Multi-Skilled Operative team which lays coated materials in the construction industry. As well as delivering best in class Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance, your role as Multi Skilled Road Surfacing Operative will include:
- Operating various items of plant associated with road surfacing (paver, rollers, tractor or chipper etc)
- Working with hot coated materials on site and operating plant as per the role of Multi Skilled Road Surfacing Operative
- Laying coated materials in accordance with the specification and to BS tolerances.
- Day to day maintenance of plant, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness of Health and Safety measure around the site and encouraging others to be compliant as well
The ideal candidate for the role of Multi Skilled Road Surfacing Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within the road surfacing industry and have experience of working on highways including motorways, airfields and A roads laying coated materials. You will also:
- Have obtained a CSCS card (preferred)
- Have experience in asphalts and road laying
- Have experience of operating road surfacing machinery/equipment and have the relevant plant tickets
- Ideally be experienced in project work – ideally on motorways
- Be able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Be a good communicator
- Be motivated
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Adhere to company Health and Safety policies and procedures
Location: Salford, Lancashire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/4376