Blended working between Aztec West Bristol and Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater.
Are you a qualified engineer or physicist, looking for your next opportunity? Do you have experience with Non-Destructive Testing? Are you looking for a career that is rewarding and at the forefront of project development?
If so, join us as a Project Manager and be part of one of the most exciting and ambitious projects within EDF, as we continue to lead the rebirth of nuclear in the UK.
Hinkley Point ‘C’ (HPC) is a vital part of the UK’s future energy strategy. As the first of the UK’s next generation of Nuclear power stations, HPC is both of high profile and high complexity.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Pre-Service Inspection programme. You will report to a Senior Project Manager and be responsible for ensuring the resolution of open points, and for the life cycle of the work area in accordance with the overall Project schedule.
You will provide leadership to ensure planning and delivery of the programme is in accordance with all safety, quality, time, and cost parameters to meet the needs of the wider Hinkley Point C project.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of building one of the largest, most complex projects in Europe; something vital to the country’s future energy needs.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a salary from £50,000 (negotiable depending on experience), we offer a competitive benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Managing, controlling and delivering the scope, considering the wider project constraints and interfaces.
- Coordinating stakeholders capable of delivering the work scope, with clear roles and responsibilities and delivery accountabilities.
- Driving the delivery of the project activities to ensure they are delivered safely on time, to budget, meeting business and technical requirements.
- Monitoring and managing the progress of the project – tracking progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and providing key stakeholders with reports on these matters.
- Anticipating, managing, and resolving issues within the project. Identifying risks and facilitating the resolution of all issues raised.
- Interfacing with other programmes to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopt the use of best practice.
- Ensuring that project contractual requirements are fulfilled.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all project team members.
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering, physics, or other related field.
- Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security, and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector.
- Knowledge of Non-Destructive Testing/Examination applications, methods, qualification.
- Demonstrable skills in leadership, project management, change management and facilitation.
- Excellent presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of EPR design.
- Working knowledge of French language is an advantage.
Closing Date: 1st October 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.