In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our team within Countryside Partnerships London West, at our Ealing office. As a Managing Quantity Surveyor working within our wider Commercial, Estimating and Buying team, you will be responsible for supervising, managing and advising on the financial and contractual aspects of multiple construction projects. You will provide a range of cost control and financial reporting duties across all aspects of construction work undertaken by the company, alongside taking the responsibility of the management and development of other members of the Surveying team.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Previous experience at Senior or Managing QS is essential for the role.
- Proven track record in financial management of projects
- Experience of overseeing multiple projects
- Positive attitude towards teamwork
- JCT and/or NEC contract experience is desirable
- Degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
- Experience of team leadership
More about the Managing Quantity Surveyor role…
- You will have a broad range of experience in quantity surveying, ideally having held a role of similar seniority, or a proven track record as a project surveyor looking to take the next step
- You will need to be knowledgeable in all areas of construction techniques and mixed tenure schemes
- You will possess a high level of mathematical ability and problem-solving skills, with a methodical and logical approach to your work; a proficient use of Microsoft Excel is essential for the role
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a wider team
- You will have the ability to influence others within the business to ensure that best practices are shared to aid the Group in achieving its overall objectives
- You will maximise margin through value engineering, setting robust commercial strategies and proactive management of contractor’s accounts
- You will optimise cash flow through external valuations and control of subcontractor accounts.
- Ensure correct contractual procedures are operated for both Main Contracts and Subcontracts.
- Monitor that subcontract conditions are ‘Back-to-Back’ with main contract conditions or with maximum risk transfer.
- Provide pre-contract advice to Estimating Department related to amended Terms and Conditions of Main contracts
- Claims preparation and recovery
- Provide monthly Cost Value Reports and Forecast Out-turn Margin
- Motivate, plan, co-ordinate, maintain and develop staff to undertake current and prospective workloads.
- Participate and actively encourage both Company training courses and on the job training.
- Monitor and record individual performances on an ongoing basis together with annual appraisals.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Aurora House,71 – 75 Uxbridge Road, London, W5 5SL