Salary: £10.07 per hour
Shift hours: Full Time
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated Facilities Assistant to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Defence on a full time basis.
As a Facilities Assistant, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of facility management with the wider facilities team. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to Defence? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking minor repairs and maintenance tasks
- Responsible for ensuring the exterior of the site is in a clean, tidy and reasonable state of repair, inclusive of general external maintenance tasks.
- Assisting the Facilities Team with the control of contractors process, inclusive of ensuring contractors are signed in correctly, and signed out, and are that Contractors are adhering to site policies and rules
- Responsible for opening and/or closing the building where required
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Our ideal Facilities Assistant will:
- Have previous experience within a similiar role
- Be adaptable and easily embrace changing priorities
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/2706/93330003/52128278/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.