Location: Silk Street, London,
The Barbican is one of London’s most iconic buildings in the heart of the City and an incredible backdrop for all types of events, from meetings to elaborate weddings.
If you are looking for a unique venue away from the hustle and bustle of the City, The Barbican Conservatory provides a botanical oasis famous for its cascading plants, high glass roof and tranquil fish pools making it a wonderful space to entertain guests.
As a Chef de Partie you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
- Discount off overnight stays in London
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
Searcys @ The Barbican Centre are growing their back of house team and are looking to hire an Events Chef De Partie to work in this outstanding location.
As a Events Chef de Partie at The Barbican Centre, you will be required to be adaptable as the venue is diverse and at any time will have multiple events happening across a number of floors. You will be supporting the Events Sous Chef/ Head Chef/ Executive to deliver high end events and exceptional quality food.
Job Type: Full Time
- To provide food/service to a consistent high standard, including assisting senior chefs with functions in other different areas throughout the business.
- To liaise with key people in the team in order to plan for the provision of food in all kitchen area's
- To ensure smooth running of daily operations which include ensuring no disruption to the pre agreed menu offer.
- Responsible to manage stock levels of that specific area including ordering when required as well as waste control.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- To comply with all legal requirements with particular reference to (but not exclusively) fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations.
- To ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to
- Minimum 2 years experience in a working kitchen
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Supportive / Team player
- Demonstrate high level of organisation.
- Excellent record keeping.
- To be willing to work the hours and the needs of the business
- To be able to work under pressure and to cope with any unforeseen circumstances i.e. function changes, requirements, sickness, etc.
- To have a positive and co-operative attitude.