We are looking for enthusiastic team supervisors to join our fantastic team based on our client site in Battersea.
We have the following full time and part time shifts available :
Part time mornings – 4.30am – 9am Mon-Fri 22.5hrs per week
Full time days – 10am – 6pm Mon-Fri 40 hrs per week
Rate : £11.57 per hr
The main purpose of this role is to support the Site / Account Manager by ensuring the site is supervised efficiently and effectively and that the specified cleaning standards are met and maintained.
The main areas of accountability and personal specification for the position are detailed below:
- To support and assist your Site / Account Manager in their duties.
- To ensure cleaners are trained and records are maintained effectively.
- To ensure any site regulations and Company policies are adhered too.
- Liaising with customer/client as and when required.
- Undertake own cleaning duties, and cover cleanin as and when required.
- To supervise employees to ensure specified cleaning and work standards are maintained at all times, highlighting any issues to the Site / Account Manager. Liaise with Site / Account Manager to ensure that the correct cleaning materials and equipment are used.
- Welcome and Induct and train new/relief cleaners ensuring they understand their roles and complete training records to ensure accurate & up to date
- Check attendance and time-keeping of employees; notify Site / Account Manager immediately of relief requirements and of any failures to adhere to Company/Region reporting procedure.
- Ensure all staff wears the correct company uniform, are polite and represent Churchill in a positive manner.
- Inform Account Manager immediately of any vacancies and provide support in appointing cleaners.
- On a daily basis update and check site communications book, and take action as requested.
- On a weekly basis complete & submit required paperwork on time, i.e. timesheets
- Order cleaning materials, and ensure they are available on site in the appropriate location.
- Supervise and co-ordinate periodic project work (if applicable) and any additional work that has been quoted and agreed as required by the client.
- Assist (as required) monthly quality audits and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure you are aware and understand the site folders, and that it is up to date
- Assist and support the Site /Account Manager in their duties and undertake any additional duties.
- Undertake training as necessary and appropriate.
- Any other reasonable request/duties as required by the client/company
Health and Safety
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety
- To take reasonable care not to put other people – fellow employees and members of the public – at risk by what you do or don’t do in the course of your work
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything that’s been provided for your health, safety or welfare
- To report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your work activity
- To inform Churchill if something happens that might affect your ability to work, like becoming pregnant or suffering an injury.
- If you drive or operate machinery, you have a responsibility to tell Churchill if you take medication may have an impact on your safety and that of others ie drowsiness, confusion, sight / hearing impairment etc.
- To co-operate with Churchill, ensuring that you receive training to enable you to undertake work activities in a safe manner. Should you identify the need for further training, or are concerned for your safety you must inform Churchill.
- To ensure that you understand and work to all Churchill’s training, safe working practices and Health and Safety policies.
- To ensure that staff are provided with a quality induction that offers such information, instruction, supervision and training to enable them to safely carry out their duties for Churchill
- To facilitate the communication process and to provide feedback as necessary and appropriate
- To make sure that all equipment within their control is serviced and maintained in a safe condition.
- To ensure that a staff member who is an expectant mother is advised to their line manager for an appropriate risk assessment pertinent to the activities which she performs to be carried out
- To ensure that accidents, incidents and ill-health arising out of work are reported and recorded
- To make sure that work areas are regularly inspected and monitored for unsafe conditions.
- To ensure that any sub-contractors employed by Churchill on a site for which you are responsible have the correct method statement and risk assessment for the activity/duty that they are performing on our behalf.
- That health and safety arrangements are regularly monitored and reviewed with their line manager for effectiveness.
- To ensure that all of Churchill’s policies regarding safety are implemented
- Inform Site /Area Manager immediately of any non-compliance, or issues.
- Be fully aware of individual and reporting staff’s responsibilities in regard to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Inform Site/Account Manager immediately of any accidents at work and complete paperwork.
- To be responsible for the safe use and care of equipment and materials and wear appropriate protective clothing as supplied.
You will demonstrate, amongst other things, your ability in the following
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the overall ethos/work/aims of Churchill
- To work in accordance with Churchill’s policies
- Live within commuting distance of the site and able to travel to other local sites as requested by the account manager
- Able and willing to work unsocial hours as necessary.
- Compliance with Safety requirements for operatives.
- Maintain effective and professional relationships with other team members and customer.
- Previous Supervisory experience preferably within the Cleaning industry, however, not essential.
- Experienced in providing exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates and able to use own initiative.
- Able to multi-task with a methodical approach with an ability to work under pressure
- Willing to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to be enthusiastic in building relationships and to effectively liaise with clients and colleagues alike.
- Able to train and coach employees both formally and informally.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety systems in the cleaning industry.
- Able to identify own needs, request training and using available work-based resources for self- development
- Able to lift and carry heavy equipment, furniture, rubbish
- Able to wear personal protective equipment as supplied
- An effective communicator with a good understanding and speaking of English
- Able to plan and prioritise workload to ensure objectives are achieved on time
- Able to identify problems and take appropriate action where necessary to resolve
- Able to follow instructions on the use of cleaning materials and machinery
- Able to attain a consistent standard of service in cleaning duties
- Able to adhere to manual handling and health and safety regulations as required
- Flexible approach to work
- Appreciates that projects need to be completed, effective and efficient Time management of self and duties
- Uses judgement to know when to ask for help and guidance
- Takes responsibility for own work and demonstrates initiative
- Records information accurately and pays attention to detail
Skills and abilities:
Experience of working within a client facing environment.
- Experience of cleaning duties (Desirable)
- Experience of supervising
Job Tenure: Permanent Full Time