As a cleaning operative you’ll play a vital role ensuring our Councils buildings are a clean and safe environment for pupils and staff to learn and work in.
You will make a difference by carrying out duties to the specifications and levels required to maintain a good level of hygiene across all the Councils sites.
What will you be doing?
- Under the day to day supervision of a Cleaning Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out cleaning at the site either individually or as part of a team, following Integra’s prepared schedules and to agreed quality standards.
- You will be responsible for carrying out all cleaning using materials and equipment in a safe and proper manner. This will involve the washing/wiping of surfaces, cleaning toilets, vacuuming, mopping and using a floor polish machine.
- On a day to day basis you will need to move cleaning equipment and materials, therefore, the ideal applicant will be able to bend, crouch and lift regularly.
What you need to know
- Shift pattern: these vary and can be either mornings or evenings, please see below
- Hours : these vary depending on the location, please see below
- Uniform & equipment will be provided
- Shifts are all year round and salaries are pro-rated to hours worked
These are our current vacancies across South Gloucestershire council:
- Badminton Road, Yate (10 hrs per week)
- Broad Lane, Yate (8 hrs per week)
- Cadbury Heath Library (3 hrs per week)
- Downend Library (8 hrs per week)
- Patchway Hub (10 hrs per week)
- Winterbourne Library (7 hrs per week)