Salary: € 10.50
Shift hours: Part Time
We are recruiting for a Catering Assistant who will be the face of our business, delivering exceptional food and customer service. You’ll join a team that takes a real pride in what they do, takes pride in their food and most of all, join a company that takes pride in its people.
As a Catering Assistant, you will contribute to a passionate and friendly team working in a fast-paced environment. In Compass you’ll get every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
The successful Catering Assistant will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with basic food production & preparation, customer service and generally supporting the operations while adhering to all Health and Food Safety requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Basic food preparation, counter set up and serving of food and beverages
- Ensuring the highest level of customer care is delivered to clients and customers
- Demonstrating a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- Following food hygiene and Health & Safety guidelines in line with training which will be provided
- Ensuring correct storage of food items and equipment after service.
- Assisting colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required
Previous experience as Catering Assistant is not mandatory as full training on all aspects of the role would be provided. If you have previous experience in catering or customer service, that would be an added advantage, but don’t let it put you off from applying to join our team – what matters to us is can do attitude and willingness to learn.
What we’ll give
At Compass Ireland, our people are our business. When you join the Compass Group you will be joining a supportive network of incredible individuals, each united by their passion for going the extra mile for the organisations we partner with. We are building a team who care about providing a great customer experience and want to grow and develop as we do. We are dedicated to investing in every member joining us. Apart from competitive salary, we offer
- Free meals while at work
- Free Onsite Parking
- Free Uniforms
- Additional, seasonal and overtime hours available
- Career Pathways to support career progression and/or skills development
- Perks shopping discount Card which can be used across the Island of Ireland to save at various restaurants, high street stores, hotels, day out venues, leisure centres, gyms, golf courses and many more
- Learning & development programs available alongside access to hundreds of online training courses for personal and professional development & growth
- Flexible Working to support Work Life Balance
- Additional Leave Purchase scheme to balance home and work life
- Access to wellness programs to promote mental health and wellbeing of our colleagues
- Employee Assistance Program to guide and support our employees
- Exciting internal reward and recognition schemes
- VHI Healthcare discount
- Life assurance cover
And many more benefits
Compass Group Ireland offers the best of both worlds – being empowered by a strong, global organisation, whilst maintaining the personal touch of a local company adept at tailoring ideal catering solutions for each one of our clients.
We are a leading foodservice and hospitality provider across the Island of Ireland. We believe in creating meaningful food experiences for our clients and customers. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide clients with a wide range of innovative dining solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.