Buyer – Huntingdon – £35,000 starting, rising to £38,000 after 6-months + benefits who will be responsible for the sourcing, supplier management and negotiation of allocated raw materials.
We’re Bensons for Beds! We put Sleep Wellness™ at the heart of everything we do. With 100 years of experience in sourcing and manufacturing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience. We have 170+ locations and employ c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission of being the market leading bed retailer with a strong omnichannel presence
We are looking for a buyer to join our team in Huntingdon. Responsible for the sourcing, supplier management and negotiation of allocated raw materials. Accountable for the optimising cost, cash and supplier performance within the allocated categories.
Daily Responsibilities include :
- Management of all aspects of procurement and supplier selection within the allocated categories.
- Negotiate prices on raw materials.
- Establish and maintain a supplier performance monitoring and measurement system in conjunction with existing systems, working closely with the finance and costing teams in terms of price changes.
- Managing market observations and defining a clear category strategy.
- Work with the New Products team to enhance sku rationalisation with associated cost savings.
- Budget control and financial forecasting.
- Management of service level agreements with Key and General suppliers.
- Financial performance (PPV) vs budget/market
- Supplier performance e.g. OTIF (Service), MSRs (Quality) etc.
Knowledge and Skills
– 3 years minimum experience of Procurement preferably within a fast paced manufacturing environment
– 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above
– Excellent communication skills including presentation skills
– Stakeholder engagement
– Proven track record in purchasing negotiations
– Strong organisation skills, multi tasker and the ability to manage and delegate
– Strong analytical skills
– Familiarity with MRP/ERP systems
– MCIPS Qualification
– Category Management
– Negotiation Training
– Supplier Relationship Management
– Contract Law
In return for your contribution to the team’s performance, we offer a competitive base salary plus
all these extra benefits:
- *Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- *Medicash – cashback options for Health and wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other healthcare services and more)
- *Unum Income Protection – for peace of mind if you’re off work long term due to illness
- *Pension scheme – provided by Legal & General
- *Discounted Gym membership
- *Cycle to Work scheme
- *Annual leave buy & sell scheme – you can top up your holiday entitlement or sell unused days to suit you
- *Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression – access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- *Long service awards and ‘Love to Shop’ voucher rewards to spend as you like
(*qualifying periods apply)
Apply now !!
If you’d like to join a great team, using your existing skills and developing new ones, please click apply to join us!
There is a brief application process to tell us about yourself and upload your CV – we’ll reply to you asap.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: £35,000 starting, rising to £38,000 after 6-months + Benefits