Building Surveyor position at Trinity Estates
Location – Homebased/Manchester & North-East
Working Hours – 09:00 – 17:15 Monday – Friday
Salary – Competitive
About Trinity Estates:
Trinity are one of the largest residential property management companies in England and Wales.
Working with leading house builders across the country, Trinity provides residential management services nationally. Our property professionals are home based and are located locally to the sites they manage. They are fully supported by a comprehensive team in our Hertfordshire head office which comprises, Surveyors, Accountants, Legal professionals, and a large customer support team.
Trinity is part of the Trinity Property Group, an Odevo Group Company.
The company offers various benefits, including:
- 24 days annual leave for work-life balance.
- Discounts on shopping and services through Perkbox.
- Employee Assistance Programme for confidential support.
- Hybrid and flexible work opportunities.
- Financial support for personal development.
- Opportunities for career growth.
- Recognition incentives.
- Cycle to Work scheme for a healthy lifestyle.
- Employee Referral Scheme for potential bonuses.
The role of Building Surveyor is responsible for contributing to the delivery of all building surveying services on the existing Residential Managed portfolio across the Group and to grow the services and profitability for the business.
We are looking to recruit a building surveyor to join our expanding surveying team to work within the in-house surveying function. The role includes the delivery of major remedial work projects along with regular maintenance projects and professional building surveying services within a designated region of the UK.
Our clients are primarily Residential Property Managers specialising in the management of all types of purpose-built residential developments across the UK.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Project management of major projects including remediation works.
- Undertaking the role of PM or CA on maintenance and refurbishment projects.
- Preparation of Long-Term Maintenance Plans for sinking fund provisions.
- Preparation of building insurance reinstatement cost assessments.
- Condition surveys and defect diagnosis.
- Attending client meetings when necessary.
- Provide technical advice to clients.
- Generating fee income as part of the wider team.
- Ensure client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments.
- Liaison with other associated professionals.
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates for this position should have the following skills and qualifications:
- BSc in Building Surveying or equivalent.
- A background in social housing would be preferred and experience of stock condition surveys/PPM surveys.
- Specification, tender preparation and contract administration on repair and maintenance projects using JCT MW 2016.
- Experience of preparing planned maintenance schedules and carrying out building defect diagnosis.
- Preparation of insurance reinstatement cost assessments.
- Understanding of health and safety and implications of the CDM Regulations.
- Awareness of the latest developments and a good understanding of best practice in Surveying.
- A full clean driving license and be willing to travel.
- The ability to work autonomously and maintain performance with minimal supervision is essential.
- High levels of literacy and written communication skills.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK without restrictions, and documented evidence of eligibility will be required.
For further information, or to explore more opportunities, you can visit Trinity Estates on LinkedIn or our website. If you have questions or would like more details, you can contact our recruitment team at 020 7702 0701, quoting the reference number #LI-EJ1.