Do you want to work within a collaborative, dynamic environment, with a team of highly skilled and like-minded people?
Are you committed to excellence and shaping the future of Civil Engineering?
Pick Everard is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy with an extensive portfolio of projects across the built environment. We have developed an environment that encourages spirit and drive in all our people and look to provide long-term career opportunities.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Associate/Associate Director to work across an array of projects within Infrastructure in Manchester.
Working closely with the director, you will be responsible for leading major projects, across sectors including residential, leisure, defence, education, healthcare and heritage.
Pick Everard are established and expanding, having been in business for over 160 years. We have become industry leaders by enhancing our focus on excellence, and making sure that people and culture are at the heart of what we do.
You will work to achieve the disciplines’ planned targets through excellent service delivery to our clients, liaising directly with them and where appropriate supporting business development activities along with team development and training.
- To be responsible for the delivery of specific projects, co-ordination of project resources and to deliver the outcomes the client needs.
- Responsible for the production of fee proposals relating to the project and subsequent commercial delivery.
- Assist with achieving the discipline business plan targets through sustainable development of new and existing business relationships, supporting Associate Directors, and managing their teams.
- To provide support to the Civil Team for the delivery of Framework outputs and other projects.
- Enforce the agreed design standards for the discipline and ensure the team delivers them using our digital tools establishing standards and best practices for productivity
- Day-to-day control of programming and planning, staff resources and monitoring of team utilisation
- Enthusiastic in taking on new challenges, by applying engineering principles and a practical and pragmatic approach to new and exciting projects
- Prepare and oversee designs and reports
- Represent the practice at client meetings and carrying out presentation delivery
- Responsible for ensuring that they and their team be aware of and comply with all Health & Safety requirements, practices, and procedures.
- You will be able to nurture emerging talent and provide valuable insights to help drive the business forward.
Experience in the rail industry and as a CRE would be desirable but not essential
Interested to find out more? We’d love to hear from you! Contact the team today!
- Embraces the ethical, cultural, and strategic aims of the business and promotes these within resource teams.
- Takes an active interest in the Discipline Business Plan and is actively involved in the delivery of the Business Plan aims and goals.
- Take Ownership and manages the Discipline deliverables within agreed fee allocations / budgets to deliver the agreed scope set out in the contract of appointment.
- Own, oversee and coordinate project delivery and maintain consistency in client service within fee allocation / budgets.
- Consult with the Associate-Directors to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to the projects and that resources are managed effectively to maintain excellent standards of performance and client satisfaction.
- Ensure objectives and standards are implemented in a cohesive manner to drive greater efficiencies.
- Identify training requirements required to deliver our desired outcomes for our clients.
- Be involved in discipline and companywide forums and groups.
- Contribute to the development of innovative design delivery tools to drive continuous improvement of our design processes.
- To be a mentor to others and to fully engage with the training of our staff.
- To establish and maintain your Continuing Professional Development (CDP) plan of training in accordance with Institutional requirements, which will keep you abreast of technical advances and benefit you and the Company.
- Focused on delivery and highest quality of outputs