Salary: £10.90 per hour
About the role
Extra care housing is housing with care primarily for older people where customers occupy self-contained flats and where they have agreements that cover the provision of care, support, domestic, social, community or other services.
If you are passionate about helping others, have a caring nature, we are waiting to hear from you….
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide personal, practical and emotional support to customers living in the Extra Care Scheme, ensuring personalised care and support that enables and encourages customers to reach and maintain an optimum level of independence.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide personal care for the customer, assisting with personal care tasks where necessary, e.g. personal hygiene, continence management, dressing, assisting with medication
- To ensure that all records are kept up to date to ensure compliance
- Record all actions / tasks undertaken at each visit on the care plan sheet
- Take account of and regularly review health and safety hazards and risks within the customer’s home
- To liaise with family members, friends and other professionals as and when appropriate
- To participate in training as directed to ensure Swan Care and Support is delivering safe, effective and caring services
Once you have joined us and have become part of our amazing team, you’ll benefit from the following:
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday (bank holidays worked are paid double time) (holidays are pro rata for working part time hours)
- Option to buy 5 days extra annual leave
- Contributory pension
- Real living wage employer
- Life Assurance
- Bupa Healthcare
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Full shift pay
- External Blue Light Card discounts that you can get access to
- Perkbox discounts
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- We pay for your initial and ongoing DBS checks
- Free Uniform, PPE and mobile phone provided
- A comprehensive induction programme, including the care certificate if you do not already hold it.
- Ongoing funded training to support you in your role as well as personal development to specialise in your chosen area of care and support.
For the above post you will have/be:
- Full, clean UK license and vehicle is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge and understanding of providing support, advice and the ability to communicate this knowledge
- Some previous home care experience would be beneficial
- Care qualification NVQ 2 or equivalent is desirable