Salary: £27,100 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Tutor to deliver an accredited course in Industrial Cleaning that is nationally recognised and enthuse students to gain qualifications and skills that will contribute to employment on release.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Work effectively as part of the industries team to build on an already established Industrial Cleaning course.
- Ensure a high level of training, supervision and assessment in the workshop.
- Develop effective achievement plans using time bound targets.
- Accountability of tools and the safe use of them.
- Effectively plan courses with the use of schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are followed to ensure the safeguarding of residents including health and safety and the local security strategy.
- Embed functional skills and employability into every lesson.
- Develop and introduce an Industrial cleaning team that will conduct onsite maintenance .
- Monitor attendance and achievement in your area and communicate findings to your line manager.
- Attend team meetings and contribute to standardisation meetings .
- Develop a relationship with local and national employers to provide a route to employment.
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
- Previous teaching and trade experience
- Full teaching qualification (minimum CTLLS) or working towards.
- Hold a level 3 qualification or above in Industrial Cleaning.
- Recognised level 3 qualification in specialism.
- Skilled Industrial cleaner.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults
- Experience of designing a new curriculum and implementing an accredited course.
- Experience of working successfully with accredited examination bodies.
- Ability to engage and motivate students.
- Ability to engage, motivate, support and coach colleagues.
- Good IT and organisational skills with a commitment to accuracy
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Focused on reducing re-offending but also hitting performance targets.
- Assessor qualification or willing to work towards.
- Good understanding of teaching practice and of local labour market and skills required.
- Understanding of current legislation and health and safety issues with the equipment and materials used in the Industrial Cleaning Industry.
- Good knowledge of the WAMITAB training frame work for industrial cleaning.
Location: HMP Peterborough, Saville Road, Westwood, Peterborough, England