At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
Uniquely in the travel industry, Saga customers benefit from an award-winning in-house transfer service taking them from their homes to airport or port departure. And right now, we are right now looking for a Controller to join our Transport team.
You will have previous experience of monitoring real time journeys and conditions, amending plans to help with smooth delivery of our VIP service and providing an exceptional service to our customers. You will bring strong communication skills to keep everyone in the Transport team and our drivers up to date on what is happening.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of a-new role, which is integral to our business, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
** Due to the nature of the role and because the Control team operates 24/7 from our offices, flexible shift patterns will be a requirement. This role will require you to usually work a four on four off rotational shift pattern consisting of 12-hour days and nights with standard shift times of 0700-1900hrs for days and 1900hrs – 0700hrs nights. To ensure an effective handover between nights and days, a member of the day shift team will also be requested to operate a 0630 shift start time as part of the shift rotation. **
- Acting where necessary to support the driver team and delivery of an exceptional customer experience
- Liaising daily with Transport Management, Planning, Drivers, Workshop, and other departments, to ensure smooth running of the operation.
- Resolve potential service failures, identifying root cause and recommending corrective action to the relevant parties. Working closely with Airport Services and the Duty Officer to ensure timely collection and delivery of clients.
- Arranging vehicle changes between drivers and all the bases to cover service, repair, and licensing issues
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing your time to ensure smooth service delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of the UK motorway system
- Computer literate
- Good telephone manner and people engagement skills
- Experience of working within a similar environment would be an advantage
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/48377/1654