In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Telehandler to join our team within Countryside Partnerships North East, at our Freight Village site, Gateshead. As our Telehandler you will be responsible for unloading, storing, securing, and distributing materials using a forklift truck. Assist the site team in ensuring that site safety and security requirements are adhered to, while ensuring that all actions comply with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policy.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Trained Plant Operator CPCS Card – Telescopic Handler – All sizes Exec 360 Slew – Category A17 Endorsement C
- Be able to demonstrate genuine interest in working in the construction industry
- Resourceful and capable of using own initiative
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record
- Able to work effectively and safely under pressure
- Customer focused
- Able to multitask
- A commitment to work as required to meet the needs of the business
- A willingness to attend site out of hours to deal with emergency situations
- Able to travel to different sites on a regular basis
- Previous experience as a Materials Controller/Forklift Operator or trades person
More about the Telehandler role…
- Assist in site safety by ensuring that the site is operating in accordance with health and safety requirements. Report and breaches immediately, and action if appropriate.
- Inspect forklift truck daily/weekly as required, ensuring that the appropriate records are complete, and the Site Manager is informed of any defects.
- Erect and maintain site safety signage.
- Monitor traffic and pedestrian segregation and report deficiencies.
- Secure any hazards each evening prior to leaving site.
- Provide basic first aid if required, providing the appropriate training has been received.
- Minimise and loss or damage to materials. Report and damage or loss immediately to the Site Manager.
- Check and receive material deliveries in accordance with material strategies and the site requirements.
- Ensure that materials are protected in accordance with the site material storage strategy.
- Maintain site presentation including tidiness and organisation of storage areas, clearing general debris and ensure compliance with the housekeeping policy.
- Distribute tipping skips to working areas and collect when full.
- Ensure building areas, dwellings and boundary areas are secure and report any issues to the Site Manager.
- Open and close the site each day.
- Providing the relevant training has been received, provide cover for the Site Manager, prioritising this over all other work to ensure that health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to and compliance is achieved.
- Ensure material segregation in accordance with the site waste management plan.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 2 Esh Plaza,Sir Bobby Robson Way, Great Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE13 9BA