Salary: £39,000 + benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
This exciting opportunity has become available within Sodexo healthcare segment due to a recent contract win! We are looking for an experienced Technical Supervisor with electrical or multi-skilled technical background to join our team at Leamington Spa Mega Lab!
Covid 19 Mega Labs will help increase UK’s daily testing capacity meaning faster turnaround times for test results.
In this role you will be responsible for the operational management of the building and engineering services for Sodexo including staff & sub-contractor management. You will liaise with all levels of medical and NHS staff, build & maintain effective relationships with client & service providers.
This is a unique opportunity to join a business that will continue to be in transition with multiclient base that will all have different drivers so experience of successfully building relationships is essential to be successful in this role.
The role is based in Leamington Spa working 35 hours 5 days a week out of 7 on rotation.
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to complete BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) clearance.
- Ensure that engineering maintenance, including contract work, is carried out to appropriate standards and specifications in line with the Project Agreement
- Manage change as directed by Technical Manager & internal Healthcare colleagues
- Optimise output & efficiency of directly employed staff, including shift teams
- Promote honest & open dialogue with staff under your control and resolve conflict
- Undertake Authorised Person responsibilities in relation to specified systems, following training & appointment of required technical discipline.
- Support the day to day commercial management of the operation
- Ensure services comply in accordance with the Project Agreement, legislative, statutory and HTM requirements
- Overall responsibility for the management of the Permit to Work System
- Contribute to the implementation of an energy strategy, policies and initiatives
- Ensure site is maintained and operated to its optimum efficiency
- Manage via the established service desk system that all service requests are responded to within contractual obligations
- Lifecycle, Small Works and Projects Management in conjunction with the Sodexo Representative and Sodexo Project Managers
- Ensure workforce are fully tasked and their hours accountable, recorded on the contract CAFM
- Ensure all staff & sub-contractors under the post-holder’s responsibility adhere to site safety procedures & safety legislation
- Strong direct labour supervision skills & mentoring
- Higher Technical calibre
- Experience of working within an IiP framework
- Experience of working successfully with professional colleagues of other technical disciplines
- Suitably experienced & resourceful to find technical solutions
- Experience of cost control within direct labour & sub-contractor work spheres
- Full understanding of H&S legislation and other regulatory obligations
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent
Where we can be flexible:
- Experience within the healthcare sector
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV313HH, England