Salary: to £46,000 + excellent benefits package
Shift hours: Full Time
Here at Sodexo we have a rewarding & varied permanent opportunities available for experienced Technical Managers to be based at our Hereford Hospital site – a unique, idyllic rural hospital like no other. You’ll be providing technical service expertise to support delivery of the Project Management and Estates Management Services. The successful candidate will be a Duty Holder, subject matter expert and technical lead for HTM disciplines.
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent, secure role
- Stunning environment
- Cross collaborative stakeholder management
- Excellent remuneration
- A supportive team you’ll be proud to be part of
- Long standing PFI contract
- Duty Holder, subject matter expert and technical lead for HTM disciplines to support delivery of the Services
- Monitoring of employee competence and provision of feedback
- Liaising with the Estates Maintenance Manager and Project Managers to provide technical support to ensure the Access and Lifecycle Plans
- Identification and reporting of items requiring cyclical replacement
- Provision of technical input
- Ensure adherence to and enforcement of the site health and safety, quality and risk management policies and procedures
- Ensure application of, and adherence to, Safe Systems of Work
- Provision of business continuity and emergency response plans
- Management of operational policies/procedures pertaining to technical disciplines
- Monitoring and update of the risk register
- Ensuring correct use of management systems
- Management and maintenance of the technical library
- Management of costs impacting on the financial performance of the Services
- Ensuring the asset schedule of equipment is updated, and required maintenance identified to ensure continued compliance and availability.
- Management and monitoring of specialist sub-contractors
- Undertaking monitoring of the Services activities as required, identifying, managing and closing
- Monitoring and review of the technical disciplines through the conduct of and participation in audits and the preparation and management of action plans
- Provision of management and service performance information, data and analysis
- Establishment and maintenance of effective communications
- Attendance at meetings (project and corporate)
- Participation in and contribution to Sodexo forums, initiatives and training
- Participate in the on-call team rota
- Experience within the healthcare sector in the delivery of technical services, including knowledge and experience of working to applicable HTM and HBN.
- Duty Holder experience.
- Relevant engineering/technical qualification and experience.
- Articulate and confident communicator (both verbal and written), with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in managing and monitoring contractor performance.
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to issue resolution.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working within the changing needs of the business.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and service excellence.
- Experience of working within complex/PFI contractual framework.
- H&S qualification (IOSH or equivalent).
Location: The County Hospital, Hereford, England