Salary: £10.45 per hour – Total Vacancy Hours: 39
Shift hours: Full Time
As a Team Manager with East of England Co-op, you will have a real opportunity to realise your own potential whilst making a positive difference to your team and local community.
The role of Team Manager is an integral part of the store’s management team. You will work alongside the Branch Manager to drive high standards and excellent service in branch, meeting the needs of our customers and maximising opportunities for success!
We believe this is best achieved through having a skilled, engaged and diverse team. As Team Manager, you will be responsible for helping colleagues to realise their full potential through regular feedback, coaching and support.
Not only will you make an impact on colleagues, but you will also have the chance to influence those living in your store’s community through supporting local causes and events.
Food retail is fast-paced and constantly evolving; you are unlikely to have two days the same and this is what makes working in our stores exciting! You don’t need to have worked in this environment before, but you’ll need to show that you can adapt, prioritise and make quick, smart decisions. We are truly local, so you can work safe in the knowledge that you will be fully supported by nearby store and Head Office colleagues, as well as your in-store team.
- Leading your team and getting involved with all aspects of people management
- Deputising for your Branch Manager (there may be times when you will be in sole charge of the store)
- Ensure that your branch is at the top of its game, offering great standards and delivering excellent customer service
- Make sure that your branch is operating safe and legally
- Build relationships with other stores and colleagues and the local community
- Promoting membership
We’re pleased to offer a home delivery service in a number of our stores which is operated by our in-house teams. If there is any requirement to drive and undertake deliveries as part of this role, this will be discussed with you as part of the recruitment process.
- Ability to support and motivate others
- Flexible, hard-working and confident
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Friendly, with a genuine commitment to great customer service
- Good understanding/level of numeracy, literacy and IT
Experience of leading a team would be great but not essential as we are more focused on hearing from people whose values and personality fit our business.