Salary Range: £22,721 – £23,145 pa pro rata
Join learning disability charity Brandon Trust as a support worker and discover a genuinely rewarding role. In Yate, you'll support several young people (ages 21- 30) at an exciting time in their lives as they transition to living independently in their own, shared homes. You’ll support them in all aspects of their busy lives. Our benefits include:
- Sleep-ins paid at £60 extra (basic salary £10.02 – £10.24 p/h)
- Full training to gain the nationally recognised Care Certificate.
- On-going training and career development including profesional qualifications available from day 1
- We cover the cost of DBS checks
- Discounted gym membership
- Shopping discounts including Blue Light card, EE perks and Costco membership
- Successfully 'recommend a friend' to join us and you'll receive a thank you payment
- We offer Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it.
- Access to wellbeing helplines.
Working in our friendly teams, you’ll enable the people you support to increase their independence and live life in the way they choose. You’ll provide person-centred support in all aspects of everyday life, including supporting with personal care and medication needs.
Building professional relationships with the people we support, you’ll enable them to enjoy a wide range of activities at home and in the community. There’s lots of variety, to find out more about the role visit our main website.
You’ll need good communication skills and a positive, patient approach. Respectful of people’s differences, you can build professional relationships and have a flexible approach. You don’t necessarily need experience as we provide full training.
Driving licence is essential for this role to enable the young people to access clubs and activities in the community.
Support workers work flexible shifts to provide a 24/7 service to people we support.
Full-time support workers for this role work 37.5 hours plus one sleep-in a week (pay for these sleep-ins is included in the annual salary of £22,721 – £23,145 pa).
You have the option of working additional hours (£10.02 – £10.24 p/h) or sleep-ins at £60 extra per sleep-in, in a range of services.
Successful applicants for this role will require an enhanced DBS check.
Brandon reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Brandon exists to enable children, young people and adults with a learning disability, autism, or both, to live life in the way they choose. We provide high-quality, individualised support to around 1,600 people and have a staff team of over 2,000. Operating across southern England and London, support is provided by a widely dispersed workforce, including public spaces and the homes of the people we support.
Job Title: Support Worker – Yate