Salary Range: £10.74 – £11.22 per hour
Join learning disability charity Brandon Trust as a support worker and discover a genuinely rewarding role. You’ll support people with a learning disability, autism or both at home and in the community to live life in the way they choose. Our benefits include:
- Sleep-ins paid at £60 extra (basic salary £10.74 – £11.22 p/h)
- Full training to gain the nationally recognised Care Certificate.
- On-going training and career development including professional qualifications available from day 1
- Rota's are planned 6 weeks in advance.
- We cover the cost of DBS checks
- Discounted gym membership
- Shopping discounts including Blue Light card, EE perks and Costco membership
- Successfully 'recommend a friend' to join us and you'll receive a thank you payment
- We offer Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it.
- Access to wellbeing helplines.
Working in our friendly teams, you’ll enable the people you support to increase their independence and live life in the way they choose. You’ll provide person-centred support in all aspects of everyday life, including supporting with personal care and medication needs.
Building professional relationships with the people we support, you’ll enable them to enjoy a wide range of activities at home and in the community. There’s lots of variety, to find out more about the role visit our main website.
You’ll need good communication skills and a positive, patient approach. Respectful of people’s differences, you can build professional relationships and have a flexible approach. You don’t necessarily need experience as we provide full training.
All support workers work flexible shifts to provide a 24/7 service to the people we support. A full, manual driving licence is essential for these roles.
You have the option of working additional hours (£10.74 – £11.22 p/h) or sleep-ins (£60 per extra sleep-in) in a range of services.
This role is based in Purley and requires people to work waking nights
Successful applicants for this role will require an enhanced DBS check.
Brandon reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Brandon exists to enable children, young people and adults with a learning disability, autism, or both, to live life in the way they choose. We provide high-quality, individualised support to around 1,600 people and have a staff team of over 2,000. Operating across southern England and London, support is provided by a widely dispersed workforce, including public spaces and the homes of the people we support.
Job Title: Support Worker – Purley, Croydon