– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales
– Wagestream – where any day can be a payday
– Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards
– Sovereign Health Care Plan
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance
– Blue Light Card
– Blink, our internal communications app
– Pension scheme
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
At Salutem Care and Education, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
We are very excited to be recruiting for the new annexe to our day service. We are so popular that we are needing more room!
We are recruiting for the equivalent of 7 full-time workers. This will be predominantly Monday to Friday support between 9 am and 4 pm. We are very flexible and always try to adapt to our staff team’s needs.
We are looking for people to be the perfect match for the people we support, do you match any of these profiles?
We are looking for people who like to party! You will be supporting a young woman who loves, drama, music, and art as well as checking out her favourite you tube clips. You do not need any previous experience, just be ready to listen, learn and have fun!
We are looking for a calm person who enjoys swimming to support a young man. He also enjoys cooking and YouTube!
Are there any lovers of all things train and bus related? We need you to support a young man to explore his passion.
If you aren’t sure that you meet any of these profiles, but want to know more, contact us! We support a diverse range of people who like lots of different things. We are great at supporting people in learning how to become a support worker, we just want you to share our values.
Our staff team are celebrated for their unique perspectives and contributions – we welcome an entire community of applicants and take pride in our city’s diversity; all applicants are considered.
What makes Salutem Different?
We are a top 50 Inspiring Workplace – Are you looking for a workplace that inspires you to be your best self every day? Do you want to join a team that provides outstanding employee experience? If so, we invite you to join us as we celebrate our recent recognition as a top 50 Inspiring Workplace in EMEA with special mentions for our efforts in communication and experience. Our commitment to fostering a positive and supportive work environment has earned us this prestigious honour.
We develop and support colleagues for the future – We create a continuous learning and reflective practice environment that emphasises growth and continuous development. We focus on succession planning that will provide an opportunity to develop allowing you to have a career in care.
What will I do as a Support Worker?
- To complete in-depth induction training and all mandatory training, including safeguarding modules and Wales induction framework
- To follow Salutem policies and procedures, including those concerning the health and safety of yourself and others
- Provide support to individual young people with complex health, physical and learning needs within the children’s home
- To attend to the day-to-day needs of the young people and support them to access and participate in a variety of activities, including in the evenings and weekends
- Registration with Social Care Wales
- To provide high-quality personal care and promote opportunities for independence
- To encourage our young people to socialise and be included and help them reach their own personal outcomes
- To understand the young person’s communication needs
- To produce a safe and stimulating environment for young people
- To promote the health and well-being of the young people
- To attend and actively participate in handover meetings, and key worker meetings and liaise with colleagues and management
- To complete key worker activities and responsibilities with individual key young people in the children’s home, including those on short breaks
- Work alongside external agencies and professionals i.e. social workers, families and health care professionals
- To keep accurate records and report on the young people you work with, providing effective communication between the home and school and with outside agencies involved with the young people in a professional context
- To maintain effective contact with parents and guardians of our young people, ensuring appropriate information is passed on efficiently
- To be reliable and flexible, using your initiative when making decisions
- To attend all relevant training provided by the organisation for you to provide safe practice
- To maintain a high standard of tidiness within the home
- To undertake sleeping in duties
- To report to management, and to perform as requested by a senior member of staff, including additional duties commensurate with the post
- To be proactive in assessing and reporting risk