We are looking for a confident Care & Support Worker with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You’ll be working 42 hours a week (12 hour shifts covering days, nights, weekends and bank holidays), making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Cygnet Appletree Hospital.
** Please note you must be able to commit to 24, 36 or 42 hour per week **
Cygnet Appletree, near Durham, is a mental health hospital for women that includes Pippin Ward, a specialist PICU service and Bramley Ward, an acute service for women.
Our person-centred service has been designed with wellness in mind, providing a safe and comfortable environment that promotes efficient rehabilitation and recovery. We are dedicated to understand, stabilise and break the traumatic cycles of relapse that can impact service users’ lives.
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all the people in our care
- Provide guidance & encouragement through physical & emotional support
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs & provide help in the most appropriate way
- Assist with medical & welfare needs
- Report on medical & welfare needs as required
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for all
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- £1000 retention bonus (£500 paid every 6 months)
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Enhanced maternity
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS – discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- An excellent communicator & a good team player
- Sensitive & intuitive with the energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating & varied environment
- Passionate about empowering & supporting service user independence
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Job Reference: CYG29019