Job Description :
Job Title: Store Manager
Salary: £34,125 per annum
Weekly Hours: 37.5
We are looking for an experienced Store Manager to lead and manage our Clitheroe Store. The ideal candidate will focus on achieving Store targets whilst delivering excellent service to our customers and the local community. As the Store Manager you will be responsible for leading and developing an established team of paid staff and volunteers. You will inspire your team to be proud of everything you achieve together at the heart of your local community while raising money for an amazing charity.
Operating within a fast paced environment, you will work effectively and efficiently to maximise income from sales, gift aid and other promotional activities plus drive donations from the local area. This store operates between the hours of 8am – 8pm 7 days per week on a shift pattern basis.
As an experienced high volume retailer you will have exceptional organisational skills, creative flair, drive and commercial awareness. You will be looking for an opportunity to work in an environment that has challenge, excitement and meaning. This role is varied and no two days are the same.
A small insight into the responsibilities involved:
- Work with Senior Management to agree and set achievable performance and development goals for your team.
- Work with your management team to conduct regular planning and review on store promotions and initiatives.
- Review and manage store team performance.
- Lead and manage recruitment and selection for your store team.
- Ensure your team is up to date on store ways of working, standards and compliance.
- Coach and support your management team to deliver on store priorities while delivering excellent store and compliance standards.
Criteria to apply:
- Minimum of 12 months experience working within a high volume, fast paced retail environment.
- Availability to cover store operational hours.
- Ability to make commercially astute decisions, prioritise and organise workload and manage, lead and develop a large team.
We reward our staff in ways that matter to them. Our benefits offer support to your mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. The benefits on offer are:
- Pension (People’s Pension is 5% EE and 6% ER, Scottish Widows is 3% EE and 6% ER)
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Regular salary reviews
- Sick pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health shield cash plan
This is an exciting time to join us as we embark on a journey of expansion. We are opening many new stores across England and Wales, Our Charity Shops are unique and offer a wide range of donated products. We are passionate about recycling and pride ourselves in selling over 95% of our donated stock and we don’t sell new goods! If successful, You will be joining an amazing team and receive support and guidance from your Regional Manager, other Store Managers and the wider Retail team at Head Office.
At YMCA England & Wales, we strive to create a workplace that fully reflects and serves its local community. We want all staff to feel empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work each day. We have diverse teams, we encourage everyone to do their best and support them to reach their full potential.
If you are passionate about improving young lives, this will be the role for you.
Safer recruitment is important to us and the successful applicant will be asked to provide two references. They will also be required to complete a safeguarding self-declaration and undertake a DBS check.
For further information on YMCA, visit www.ymca.org.uk/about.
Salary: £34,125 per annum