Specialist Speech & Language Therapist (Band 6)
Up to £34,980
Full time – 40 hours a week
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Speech and Language Therapist with interest in Neuropsychiatry to join our team at Cygnet Brunel.
Cygnet Brunel is a 32-bed Neuropsychiatric service, split into 4 wards, offering neurorehabilitation for complex acquired brain injury individuals. The hospital is a modern facility which has been designed specifically to provide a clinically led evidence based neuropsychiatric pathway for individuals presenting with behaviours that challenge. Our focus is to create a therapeutic rich environment which engages our service users and provides the opportunity to minimise their challenging behaviour and maximise their independence.
To find out more about the ethos of this service and how the team work together to bring about meaningful change to individuals in our care, listen to our podcast.
As a Specialist SLT you will be working directly with a specialist caseload of patients with complex needs to assess their speech, communication and language needs (SCLN) in all environments. As part of a multi-disciplinary team on-site, you will also work with all staff across the hospital to support the implementation of the therapeutic and neuropsychiatric approach demonstrating an interest in upskilling the workforce. You will work within the boundaries of the SLT pathway for neuropsychiatric / neurodegenerative services in to the hospital and directly report progress through monthly supervision to an onsite Highly Specialist SLT. You will provide quality assessment, interventions and be skilled in both SCLN and dysphagia. You will be part of a companywide SLT service and contribute to the service enhancement.
In return we offer:
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Routine service meetings and peer support with Speech and Language Therapists, including a Dysphagia Forum
- Opportunity to personalise resource toolkit
- Active involvement in service development and Quality Improvement initiatives
- Annual leave allowance, pension scheme, employee rewards and discount benefits scheme
- Full induction training
- Free meals on duty
We are looking for a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist with:
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Speech and Language Therapy, registration with HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and membership of the RCSLT (Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists)
- Experience in the field of neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative conditions evidenced by high level of clinical SLT knowledge. Experience of working in inpatient/acute settings beneficial
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning
- Qualification in Dysphagia management (we will offer training if required)
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Excellent communication / time management skills
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
For an informal discussion or to find out more, please contact Celia Jarvis, Recruiter on 07702 847 341 or Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT (Healthcare) on 07885 476 384.
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now.
Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
Job Reference: CYG28415