Salary: £12.6 per hour
Shift hours: Full Time
Looking for a quality life/work balance? Most ESS Military sites operate on single shifts. No more split shifts or late night finishes*! Working only 1 weekend out of every 3/4.
*Occasional late finish and flexibility required.
ESS are looking or an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to join the Catering Team at – RAF Cosford. WV7 3EX
- Pay Rate: £12.60 per hour
- Weekly Hours: 37 hours per week – Part time/Job Share options can be discussed.
- Shifts are 06.00-14.00, 11.00-19.00, 11.45-19.45
- Any 5 from 7
- Shut down over Christmas
- We provide 3 meals day, plus a range of hospitality events
RAF Cosford is a military base in the West Midlands, based between Telford and Wolverhampton, Shropshire. The base is fully operational and feeds and accommodates up to 2,500 Service personnel across multiple kitchens.
As a talented Caterer, you will support the daily catering operation to improve the customer food service experience by delivering a best-in-class food offer, to military and civilian personnel but also have the chance to demonstrate your creative side with providing great food for banquets and functions.
As part of our team, you can expect to receive: –
- Great training opportunities
- Experience of working on large events and competitions
- Great work life balance through great shift patterns and ability to easily take holiday during Easter, Summer, and a better benefit of minimal shifts during the Christmas period, these are when we become quieter on our sites
- Excellent benefits; Perks at Work, Free on shift meal.
- Career progression opportunities
Candidates should have good culinary skills with an attention to detail, be a team player and yet also be capable of working unsupervised. As a chef/Cook, it is desirable to have an NVQ level 2 qualification in food preparation and cooking, however, experience is more desired, if you have the passion and drive to succeed as part of our team, there are various career pathway opportunities within our Company.
Could you bring your spark to ESS? Here’s what you need to know before applying for a Sous Chef position with us.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food service
- Creating a positive kitchen environment where your team feel welcomed and supported
- Supporting the head chef in delivering our tasty food concepts to our customers
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Supporting the head chef with ordering food, stock control and controlling food waste
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Supporting the Head Chef to manage budgets and successfully meet financial targets
- Complying with Food Handling and Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health and Safety regulations
Our ideal Sous Chef will:
- Create a positive work environment where the whole team can thrive
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Passionate about great-tasting food
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms Ð some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/0505/94603001/52447516/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.