Salary: £32234 – £38890
Shift hours: Full Time
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services – we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services – we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement – we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunities
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
Looking for a new challenge? Then look no further!
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the new team working across both Coventry and Warwickshire working with young people aged 18-25 years with a diagnosis of Autism and secondary mental health issues. Embedded within the new team the candidate will take a key role in shaping and developing the social work role as part of the Young Adults Autism Intensive Support Team to provide comprehensive and holistic assessments and interventions for the person’s care and health needs. This team has been commissioned following the success of the Children’s Intensive Support Team which has been very effective in avoiding unnecessary admissions to hospital and facilitating appropriate support in the community.
The Young Adults Autism Intensive Support Team works with individuals with a diagnosed Autism who are at risk of admission to hospital because of secondary mental health challenges. The Team is a multi-disciplinary team, comprising of nursing, occupational therapy, psychology and psychiatry that will be working with a wide range of professionals from both Coventry and Warwickshire, with specific focus on the Transforming Care Agenda, in addition to working towards specific interventions embracing the Care Programme Approach, The Care Act, Mental Health and Mental Capacity Acts.
The post will be based at Paybody Clinic on Stoney Stanton Road in Coventry. Coventry is a growing, culturally and ethnically diverse City. The City is at the heart of the busy and industrial Midlands and yet surrounded by rural Warwickshire and minutes from the countryside. Warwickshire is well served by extensive road a rail networks, easily accessed from Coventry. The successful candidate will be required to undertake assessment’s and care co-ordination duties across Coventry, North and South Warwickshire
Keen to join the team? If you feel you fit the criteria apply today! To find out further information and for an informal discussion please contact Simon McGarry on 07974099084 or email email@example.com.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for qualified Social Workers with two years post qualifying experience, with a passion for helping people to develop independent living skills and community networks, an ability to be creative with care planning in order to avoid hospital admissions in line with the transforming care agenda.
The right candidates will have:
- Excellent assessment skills
- Working knowledge of and application of The Care Programme Approach, MHA, MCA, The Care Act and Children’s Act
- A working Knowledge around working with individuals with a diagnosis of Autism
- A robust understanding of the Transforming Care Agenda is essential.
- Organisation, recording, and workload management skills
- Diplomacy, negotiating, listening skills.
- Be able to work in partnership with users, carers and colleagues.
- To work as part of a team
- Have autonomy and decision making skills
- Develop personal home treatment plans
- Good IT skills
- Have a vision for your own career development and future training
- Resilience, flexible and stamina
In return you will:
- Be welcomed in joining a highly professional and thoroughly hard-working, friendly team
- Group and individual professional supervision from the Team Manager within the team, In addition to the post will be part of the multi-disciplinary team supervision and case formulation meetings
- Excellent in-house and external training opportunities.
- Opportunities to experience and present at various professional forums including our Pre-Court Legal Panel.
- Highly competitive salary with career development opportunities
- Salary will be dependent on experience starting from £32,234to £38,890per annum.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled ‘Coventry City Council Application Process’
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There’s a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you’re happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We’ve created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks