In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Site Operative to join our team at Countryside Partnerships North East, at our site in Bishop Auckland, Durham. As our Site Operative you will be responsible for carrying out general labouring duties in order to assist the Site Management team with the production of a busy building site.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- CSCS card
- Experience as a Labourer or trades person
- Able to demonstrate genuine interest in working in the construction industry
- Resourceful and capable of using own initiative.
- Good Timer Keeper
- Customer focused
- Able and willing to attend site out of hours to deal with emergency situations
More about Site Operative role…
- Assist in site safety by ensuring that the site is operating in accordance with health and safety requirements. Report and breaches immediately, and action if appropriate.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of site materials, ensure materials are protected in accordance with the site material storage. Where required work with the Materials Controller on site to ensure the safe storage of heavy materials.
- Supervision of the main gate to ensure all visitors have valid operative entry and all deliveries are signed for and guided to the compound.
- Maintain site presentation including tidiness and organisation of storage areas, clearing general debris and ensure compliance with the housekeeping policy including the site compound, welfare, and surrounding areas.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 2 Esh Plaza,Sir Bobby Robson Way, Great Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE13 9BA