In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Site Operative to join our team at Countryside Partnerships North East, at our Freight Village site in Gateshead. As our Site Operative you will be responsible for carrying out general labouring duties in order to assist the Site Management team with the production of a busy building site.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- CSCS card
- Experience as a Labourer or trades person
- Able to demonstrate genuine interest in working in the construction industry
- Resourceful and capable of using own initiative.
- Good Timer Keeper
- Customer focused
- Able and willing to attend site out of hours to deal with emergency situations
More about Site Operative role…
- Assist in site safety by ensuring that the site is operating in accordance with health and safety requirements. Report and breaches immediately, and action if appropriate.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of site materials, ensure materials are protected in accordance with the site material storage. Where required work with the Materials Controller on site to ensure the safe storage of heavy materials.
- Supervision of the main gate to ensure all visitors have valid operative entry and all deliveries are signed for and guided to the compound.
- Maintain site presentation including tidiness and organisation of storage areas, clearing general debris and ensure compliance with the housekeeping policy including the site compound, welfare, and surrounding areas.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 2 Esh Plaza,Sir Bobby Robson Way, Great Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE13 9BA