In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Site Manager to join our team within Countryside Partnerships North East Midlands, at our site in Bestwood, Nottinghamshire. As our Site Manager, you will be responsible for effectively motivating, supporting, and managing the site-based team to ensure that the required health, safety and environmental performance standards are achieved. We will want you to achieve the programme and quality requirements and promote the importance of customer relationships to the site-based team to include directly employed and sub-contracted staff.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- CSCS card at Site Manager level
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Valid First Aid at Work certificate
- Previous Site Manager experience in the private sale sector, dealing with Sales teams
- Proven track record of motivating staff and managing a site effectively
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- Capable of monitoring and controlling material stock and plant requirements
- Full UK Driving License
- BTEC diploma in Building Construction or NVQ Level 3 or 4 or similar
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation Certificate
- Clean driving license
- IT experience
- Valid LOLER certificate
- Valid Fire Warden certificate
- Valid Manual Handling certificate
- Valid Working at Heights certificate
- Demonstrable career progression within the construction industry
- A trade background
- Asbestos training
- Temporary works Supervisor
- Asta experience / working with programme
- BMS experience
More about the Site Manager role…
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain all statutory records on a daily/weekly basis as required.
- Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted.
- Prepare and maintain traffic management and site strategy and review as required.
- Follow Company guidelines in relation to accident and incident reporting procedures.
- Assess the site prior to the start of the working day responding to any emergencies and addressing any areas of risk.
- Regularly walk all areas of the site to observe general standards of health and safety and take remedial action as appropriate.
- Ensure all trades are using the appropriate personal protective equipment and are working in a safe environment and manner.
- Attend health and safety and other training courses are required by the Company.
- Ensure that all plant is inspected on a daily/weekly basis.
- Include health and safety and environment on the agenda for all site team meetings.
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements for all operations and ensure that all work is in accordance with How To Build Safely and method statements.
- Ensure all site staff are trained in, and comply with the Customer Journey and the Company’s customer service commitments.
- Ensure all plots have a customer care pass before obtaining CML prior to legal completion.
- Carry out service visits in accordance with the Customer Journey.
- Carry out pre-occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
- Deliver home demonstrations to customers in their own home, ensuring that all instructions and warranties in relation to appliances and heating systems are available.
- Communicate customer satisfaction surveys to all site based staff and ensure points raised are acted on.
- Arrange and attend effective site based meetings with the Sales Team Leader and that the required information is available to enable the Sales Team Leader to update the customers.
- Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
- Ensure that all plots to be handed over have adequate and appropriate access, parking, street lighting and signage.
- Deliver quality inductions to all sub-contractors on site to ensure the required quality standards are met.
- Action items raised by the Project Manager, Area Build Manager, Sales or Customer Care.
- Meet with the Sales Team Leader weekly to discuss site presentation and progress and ensure that all actions are completed within agreed timescales.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Penman House, 1 Penman Way,Grove Park, Leicester, LE19 1SY