In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for a Site Manager to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding South East, at our site in Willingdon, East Sussex. As our Site Manager you will be responsible for effectively motivating, supporting, and managing the site-based team to ensure that the required health, safety and environmental performance standards are achieved. To achieve the programme and quality requirements. To promote the importance of customer relationships to the site-based team to include directly employed and sub-contracted staff.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- CSCS card at Site Manager level
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Full UK Driving License
- BTEC diploma in Building Construction or NVQ Level 3 or 4 or similar
- 5 years as a Site Manager
- Ability to chair and run meetings
- Proven track record of motivating staff and managing a site effectively
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- Able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation Certificate
- Valid LOLER certificate
- A trade background
More about the Site Manager role…
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager & Area Build Manager, prepare the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements.
- Monitor progress of the build programme to ensure construction methods and timescales are met and take corrective action to bring progress back in line with programme.
- Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and sub-contract requirements for the site.
- Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
- Manage the recruitment and induction of new employees in line with Company best practice guide.
- Conduct half yearly and annual appraisals with staff and liaise with Group HR to address development needs.
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of direct reports.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Linden House,Guards Avenue, Caterham, CR3 5XL