Working as part of the transport team in achieving divisional targets you will provide a first class service ensuring vehicles are moved safely around the yard on and off loading bays, then parking them safely and preparing them for departure.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be aware and adhere to all driving legislation required for driving a LGV Class 1 or Class 2 vehicle and follow all Health & Safety procedures and be responsible for your own and other people’s Health and Safety
- Checking vehicle defects and any faults that cannot be repaired locally are reported via the relevant channels to be repaired.
- Vehicles are washed inside and out as per wash rota
- Yard and wash area is kept clean and tidy with regular checks as per cleaning schedule
- You will comply at all times with all relevant legislation in food safety and chill chain standards and ensure that the fridge is set to the correct temperature for the job being done.
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded correctly
- Vehicles are dekitted and any returns are dealt with correctly. Returned pallets and trays are loaded onto trunk trailer for return to Royton.
- Backhaul or stock returns loaded but not logged on inter depot manifests
- Reporting any health and safety issues on vehicles and in your working environment
There will be an occasional need for offsite travel to collect vehicles from workshops as required and other ad hoc duties including supporting the trunking operation if and when required.
Class 1 Licence Holder
Driver CPC Holder
Ability to deliver excellent customer service
Experience of multi-drop; temperature controlled food deliveries preferred, but not essential
Routes vary daily and therefore successful applicants will need to be flexible in work and hours of work (including at short notice)
Shift Hours: 40 hours hrs per week (Monday – Friday. 14:00-22:00)