The heart and soul of the team – our Shop Managers lead the way in the smooth running of their Greggs shop.
We offer fantastic benefits that help make Greggs a great place to work
- Competitive pay
- Colleague discount, up to 50% off our own-produced products
- Free hot drinks while on a shift break
- 4.2 weeks annual leave, pro-rated, increasing with service
- Profit share: We want everyone to share in the success of the business, so we distribute 10% of our profits to all our employees who have at least 6-month service, or more, each year
- Share save schemes that let you buy discounted Greggs shares, by saving a set amount of money over a fixed time, to have an even bigger share of our profits
- Career progression and learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme; A free, confidential helpline, offering advice and support with financial, relationship, work-related and wellbeing issues, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Including a mobile app providing a range of wellness content on physical, mental, social, and financial wellbeing
- Perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons and lifestyle offers
- A company who cares about our communities; the environment and being a better business! Click here to read about The Greggs Pledge
- Colleague Networks – internal groups where colleagues and their allies can share their own personal experiences, offer feedback on the way we do things at Greggs, and provide support to one another
About the role
Shop Managers play a key part in the success of our business. You’ll manage your team in an inclusive and consistent way developing and maintaining high performance through recruitment, training, and engagement. You’ll be the key driver for sales and profit for your shop and we’ll provide you with all the training you need to be successful in your role.
What you’ll do
Being a Shop Manager is management at its most practical –as well as leading your team to complete tasks, you’ll need to roll your sleeves up, get involved in food preparation, serve customers, and make sure the shop is clean, well-stocked and welcoming. You’ll keep a close eye on things like, wage controls, waste controls, training, and customer service standards.
We serve our customers across number of different channels; in-shop, delivery, click & collect and drive thru so you’ll also keep your team engaged and motivated to deliver the fast and friendly service Greggs is famous for across all our customer channels.
We’re looking for our Shop Managers to have a track record as a Supervisor or Line Manager and lots of experience delivering excellent customer service.
You’ll have experience in a food on the go environment or within retail.
You’ll have proven experience of using your skillset to develop a team of people and be supporting of an inclusive culture – recognising and valuing that difference is good.
You’ll be ready to work alongside some great people and have lots of fun in your Greggs journey!
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views. We’ll make sure you have the skills and knowledge you need to have a great career with us.