Salary: Attractive plus benefits
We are now looking for an ambitious and innovative SHE Manager to join our team based at our Liverpool site. This role is a position that will allow the successful person to make a demonstrable impact within a world-leading organisation which maintains a family feel.
You will be leading, motivating and engaging with the local SHE team, Whilst leading the implementation of company-wide SHE strategies throughout the business.
- Set objectives and targets for continuous improvement of health and safety standards across multiple sites.
- To ensure the implementation of objectives & targets to assist with continual improvement of SHE standards.
- To ensure common SHE systems and approaches are consistently implemented across sites.
- To lead the implementation of strategic SHE objectives and policies in the business area.
- To assist Senior Management in managing incidents and non-conformances, and report to regulators where applicable.
- Ensure effective incident & accident investigation is undertaken and suitable remedial actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Provide effective leadership & management of the local safety & health team and identifying opportunities for further development.
- To lead culture change and encourage individual responsibility for SHE at all levels.
- To lead, support and contribute to employee engagement on SHE matters.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Degree or diploma in occupational safety, health & environment.
- Detailed understanding of the SHE risks and UK regulatory regime, preferably in the waste and recycling industry, including machinery, plant and transport safety.
- Able to retain a calm and analytical approach when investigating accidents & major incidents
- Experienced in effectively managing key internal and external relationships.
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others
- Experience in, or exposure to, cultural change programmes and business improvement.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft office products) and experience of H&S management systems.
- Ability to handle and interpret data, evidence and documentation as well as produce clear and concise reports.
- Full UK driving licence
- Proven track record in a SHE advisory/auditing /manager role, preferably in an industrial setting.
Hours per week: 45