Salary: £26000 – £26000
Shift Hours: Full Time –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Service Managers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently recruiting for a Service Manager to support our services in Carmarthen and Llanelli
Elm Lodge in Carmarthen is a 7 bed residential service that provides support and accommodation to adults who have long term mental health issues and or complex needs with the service being situated in the heart of Carmarthen town centre.
Ty Undeb located in the heart of Llanelli town centre supports and accommodates 7 adults with long term mental health issues and complex needs.
The Service Manager will be required to across both sites.
The role is Full Time and will require a driver for the position.
We pride ourselves on our partnership working with the people we support, their families, and the local authority to ensure we deliver a quality service.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive salary of £26000
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
The Service Manager Role
The Service Manager’s role is essential to the wellbeing and safety of the people we support and to the development of the team of people employed to support them.
You will lead by example and demonstrate safe, effective working practices along with taking an active part in mentoring and developing individuals and staff teams in line with all relevant and current industry legislation and best practice. Responsibilities include:
- Devise, implement and review support plans with individuals focusing on safe and achievable outcomes and goals ensuring the service users wishes are reflected in these
- Assess and develop outcome focused risk management plans
- Perform audits of support plans, health action plans, risk assessments and management plans, financial management systems where a team leader/care manager is responsible for the upkeep of these documents
- Effectively manage your own diary in order to give full support to our services
- Be a point of contact for all service users, their families and staff within your network
- Be involved and contribute to management meetings, daily office functions and represent the company, when needed, in the public/professional domain
- Planning and organising meetings and communicating on day-to-day issues with your manager
- Ensuring information held by the company about individual service users is kept securely and updated regularly in line with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Support staff to work within boundaries of their role and capabilities
- Be involved in fact finding and information gathering where complaints or concerns have been raised
- Plan and deliver staff appraisals and supervisions with other HR related tasks and where necessary, be part of the disciplinary process
- Carry out relevant risk assessments in regard to health and safety in the work place, specifically lone working practices
- Be actively involved in mentoring or training staff either in a structured session or whilst working alongside them
- Ensure and monitor that support staff follow policies, procedures and guidance from the Employee handbook
- Fully comply with the requirements set out by the Health and Social Care Act 2014, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Regulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016
- Understand and adhere to the policies as set out in the Mental Health Act 2013
- Supporting Adults with Learning disabilities and/or mental health conditions
- A minimum of a Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Car Driver
- Experience of managing a team including rotas, appraisals and disciplinaries
- Able to motivate and encourage a team
- Desirable to be able to communicate in Welsh