Join us as a Senior Team Member, and you’ll be part of a team that loves putting our customers first in all that we do. This means a passion for delivering fast and friendly service, pride in preparing our much-loved products and making sure the shop looks great!
We offer fantastic benefits that help make Greggs a great place to work
- Competitive pay
- Colleague discount, up to 50% off our own-produced products
- Free hot drinks while on a shift break
- 4.2 weeks annual leave, pro-rated, increasing with service
- Profit share: We want everyone to share in the success of the business, so we distribute 10% of our profits to all our employees who have at least 6-month service, or more, each year
- Share save schemes that let you buy discounted Greggs shares, by saving a set amount of money over a fixed time, to have an even bigger share of our profits
- Career progression and learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme; A free, confidential helpline, offering advice and support with financial, relationship, work-related and wellbeing issues, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Including a mobile app providing a range of wellness content on physical, mental, social, and financial wellbeing.
- Perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons and lifestyle offers.
- A company who cares about our communities; the environment and being a better business! Click here to read about The Greggs Pledge
- Colleague Networks – internal groups where colleagues and their allies can share their own personal experiences, offer feedback on the way we do things at Greggs, and provide support to one another
About the role
Our Senior Team Members are at the heart of the team, assisting with the management of their shop at key times of the day. They take responsibility of the shop for a few hours a day, either at opening or closing time, handing over to or from shop management.
What you’ll do
We serve our customers across number of different channels; in-shop, delivery, click & collect and drive thru. This means that our Senior Team Members get involved with lots of different tasks and activities.
When opening the shop, it’s all about working with the team to ensure our much-loved products are ready for our customers and the shop is set up to the highest standard. A close shift means getting the shop ready for the next day; cleaning, stock counting and cashing up. This is where your passion to deliver a fantastic shopping experience for our customers, and a great place to work for your team really comes in.
If you’re looking for more a role with more management accountability, and to move forward in your retail career this could be the role for you.
You’ll have had some experience within a similar, fast paced, retail environment.
Some supervisory experience always comes in handy although it’s not essential as we will support you with great training.
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views. We’ll make sure you have the skills and knowledge you need to have a great career with us.