The Warrington Road family are recruiting for a Senior Support Worker!
Warrington Road is a vibrant residential care home for disabled adults with complex care needs in Widnes, Cheshire. Consisting of four three-bedroom bungalows, the home is situated in a quiet residential street and is the ideal location for access to local amenities. We provide a high level of support to enable them best to achieve their personal goals and reach their full potential and to live wonderfully normal lives in the community and their own home.
The individuals we support at Warrington Road love all things arts and crafts and have taken part in the Salutem In Bloom completion, where they received a Special CEO Commendation! They love spending time in their garden, painting pebbles to put in their very own memory garden. They also love celebrating each other’s birthdays and planning and throwing parties for each other!
We are often praised for their hard work and our achievements are shared with the rest of the Salutem Family. We’ve had recent comments about how amazing we truly are! We are always on hand to help whenever they can. The manager thinks all of the us are fantastic and celebrates all of our own successes!
Our Senior Support Workers are there to ensure the health, welfare, education and development of the young people we support is promoted at each step of their journey.
As a Senior you’ll join us with previous experience in a support role, and able to hit the ground running. Thanks to your support with day to day activities, care plans and reviews, you’ll help us make a difference to the lives of young people we support.
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to provide daily support to adults in our residential services. It’s definitely not a normal 9-5, you can work days, nights, and flexible shifts too. Talking of ‘dream’ jobs, some of our shifts are sleep-ins!
We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy – we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories that'll last a lifetime.
– Demonstrate robust leadership linking with your Registered and Deputy Managers, ensure that each individual we support has a meaningful support plan.
– Ensure there is a robust activity plan in place for each individual.
– Ensure that the views of the individual are routinely sought through regular engagement with the individual.
– Ensure where appropriate, we are supporting individuals with finances ensuring that they are supported to budget and plan their finances (through a support plan).
– Support people with their medication.
– Embody the Mental Capacity act and its key principles, with the team clearly able to articulate them.
– Through linking with your Deputy and Registered managers ensure that Health and Safety polices, and procedures are followed, which in include Fire Safety and that there is a robust environmental risk assessment in place.
– Through working with your Registered Manager and Deputy Manager, ensure that you have a team safely recruited to enable the smooth delivery of hours, and to ensure that there are measures in place for the team.
– Ensure your service is delivering an outstanding level of Care and Support by Identifying opportunities to be better, to deliver better care, support and to be innovates.
– Ensure where incidents and accident occur in the service, that these are reported and managed in line with our polices and procedure.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties, and not fully encompassing of the role. You may be required to complete other duties, as deemed appropriate by the organization.
We know our staff put 100% into building brighter futures for the individuals we support. That's why we offer career progression no matter where you start in the organisation. Your progress here will be regularly reviewed and as you gain expertise your rate of pay will increase. We believe in creating a Career from Care and we want the support workers we recruit now to become our managers of the future!
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow