In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Site Manager to join our team within Countryside Partnerships South West, at our site in Bridport, Dorset. As our Senior Site Manager, you will be responsible for organising resources and to direct the management of designated development projects to achieve progressive project completion to quality and specification and on budget.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Valid First Aid at Work certificate
- A proven background in new build housing site management and timber frame.
- Proven ability to manage projects and deliver quality work on time, within budget
- Able to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Health & Safety legislation
- Thorough, with strong attention to detail
- Strong Time management skills with an ability to prioritise
- Proficient in MS Office programmes; particularly Word and Outlook
- Ability to build productive stakeholder relationships
- Ability to communicate well with individuals at all levels
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to mentor and develop others
- NVQ Level 3-4, BTEC diploma in Building Construction or similar
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate
- Valid LOLER certificate
- Trade experience
More about the Senior Site Manager role…
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff, and equipment to achieve both plot and project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- This is a timber frame development, so it is essential to have experience in timber frame construction.
- Monitor that the Buying team and Surveying department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
- Train and develop subordinates to meet current and assessed future requirements.
- 100% compliance with current NHBC standards.
- Achieve 75% overall satisfaction levels on the completed Customer satisfaction survey questionnaire.
- Establish that staff training and development has occurred as plan at annual appraisal and appraisal review stages.
- Achieve maximum marks on the twice monthly Health and Safety audit.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Camberwell House,Grenadier Road, Exeter Business Park, Exeter, EX1 3QF