In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Site Manager to join our team within Countryside Partnerships South West Midlands, at our Lighthorne site in Coventry. As our Senior Site Manager you will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the control and delivery of construction projects to meet client specifications (safety, quality, cost, time, etc.) such that all budget, risk, specification, project timescales, customer and business objectives are met in full. This will be delivering a total of 247 units, 107 open market units and 140 affordable housing units for a valued partner. We are looking for an experienced Senior Site Manager who has excellent stakeholder and client management skills, as well as a rounded knowledge of delivering high quality affordable housing.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- CSCS Card
- Valid SMSTS Certificate
- Experience working on new build multi storey projects or housing projects
- Experience in the management of Health and Safety
- Ability to analyse technical and commercial aspects of developments and apply solutions in terms of time, cost, quality, and best use of available resources.
- A proven operational, team player who can set direction and delivery within challenging market conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creates a positive environment which drives a culture of respect and mutual support within their team.
- Creates consensus through influence and persuasion with the ability to inspire others.
- Reputation for integrity, maturity and sound business judgment and be totally comfortable leading and working in a team environment.
- Valid First Aid at Work Certificate
- NVQ Level 3-4 BTEC diploma in Building Construction or similar
- Valid Scaffold Inspection certificate
- Valid LOLER certificate
- Qualified to the required CIOB Grade applicable at the time in accordance with group policy
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Project and Asta Team plan
- Managing all aspects of the build process
- Good working knowledge of the JCT D&B contract
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety obligations and building legislation
- A good understanding of the considerate contractor’s requirements to achieve high scores.
More about the Senior Site Manager role…
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within their control under the strict observance of the Vistry safety policy
- Drive delivery of continuous safety improvements
- Overall responsibility for the successful safe completion of the project: quality, time, procurement, client interface and to lead by example in all that they do
- Management of internal/external design team/consultants to meet project deadlines
- Manage liaisons, interfaces and contacts with customers and stakeholder such that positive and ongoing customer relationships are maintained
- Ensure that detailed plans are developed commensurate with the overall project plan such that material, resources and supply chain can be procured and scheduled
- Chair site meetings; progress meetings, safety meetings and project reviews with all stakeholders as appropriate
- Ensure that all additional work is identified, fully costed and agreed with the client
- Understand and appreciate the commercial implications and drivers within the construction process and incorporate these within decision making
- Strategically produces and regularly reviews the project programme (including Procurement & Design) to ensure completion on time
- Ensure all team members are fully inducted and carry out role specific requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Ensure team members understand any sustainability practices relevant to their role, and encourage continuous improvement
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 2 Bromwich Court,Gorsey Lane, Birmingham, B46 1JU