Up to £50,000
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join us. In this role, you will utilise your broad knowledge of risk pricing in a Personal Lines insurance business to implement innovative and new approaches to grow the relevant book profitably. You will be working closely with the Pricing Manager to develop and implement complex solutions, including those beyond standard pricing and actuarial techniques, to help our pricing capabilities attain market leading status.
This is an exciting time to join this expanding team as they drive towards being market leading!
You will bring a proactive approach to work and have extensive knowledge of pricing methodologies, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) & customer journeys.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Making significant contributions to pricing model development and granular pricing analysis, including use of machine learning, and identifying new data sources to modernise pricing models
- Monitoring performance of pricing models and amending where required
- Developing management information and performing ad-hoc analysis to help inform key business decisions
- Understanding and explaining emerging trends in the Motor market
- Investigating and implementing innovative technical solutions to new and complex problems which sit outside of BAU work
- Being proactive and using experience and judgement to develop value adding proposals, with little or no input from a pricing manager
- Knowledge of General Insurance pricing processes and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of risk price modelling with GLMs and/or machine learning
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Strong organisational skills, e.g., time management, documentation etc.
- Team Player e.g., demonstrated by helping peers/department to achieve tasks when deadline is tight. Happy working extended hours to meet business needs
- Viewed as a technical expert and a role model for analysts and leads
- Knowledge of modelling software, such as Radar, Emblem, or similar systems would be an advantage
- Experienced in some programming languages such as SQL, R and Python would be an advantage
- Being a Part Qualified Actuary would be beneficial
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/89/1396