In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for a Senior I-Joist Designer to join our team within Vistry Works East Midlands, at our Coalville factory. As our Senior I-Joist Designer, you will be responsible for producing detailed, accurate quotes and designs for our engineered floors, to meet customer/business requirements. We are looking for an experienced individual who will integrate with our internal and external stakeholders and be a driving force in our exciting journey of growth and success. Reporting to the General Manager, you will lead a small Team of estimators, and be responsible for several core ranges as well as bespoke units nationally. You will use several different software’s, including Design, Management Information Systems and Optimisation.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role elsewhere.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Teams
- You will have an understanding of materials/components used in the construction of low-rise buildings
- You will need to be self-motivated, with the ability to work on your own initiative and manage your workload based on regional priorities
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to form and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in leading and managing a small Team.
- Experience with designing trussed roofs would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience with designing timber frame would be advantageous but not essential
More about the Senior I-Joist Designer role…
- Leading and managing a small Team.
- Responsibility for processing incoming inquiries.
- Detailed interpretation of project requirements.
- Using CAD based software to create Designs.
- Producing accurate Bills of Materials and ancillary Take-offs.
- Preparing detailed and accurate quotation schedules.
- Providing technical assistance to site teams and factory colleagues, as and when required.
- Building and developing customer relationships.
- Responsibility for Conversion rates.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Bardon II Unit 2,Victoria Road, Coalville, LE67 1FA